Subject Author Posted Replies

Interesting Netlistng Quirk
...Jim Thompson
4

Notice: Raspberry Pi based D-Star network
This is a ham-originated packet messaging system. 2 meters. It turns base stations into an extended network. Many hams are making their stations solar charged. It is totally independent of, and not...
12
12

Matlab question for control loop
I would like to use Matlab to help design feedback loops for power converters. I am a little weak in this area (never had one take off on me though). I would like to plug in the transfer functions and...
8
8

Insiders knowledge; Custom LCD construction
Hi I am purchasing a custom LCD (FSTN or TFT), but I am running into limited knowledge of the actual design and production setup of LCD and the constraints involved For example, how is the routing...
1
1

LTSpice simulator of my oscillator is far from reality; bad models?
Folk, Thanks to some good help here in the past, I have a nice clean oscillator (for my new fox transmitters), but I'm having trouble with the LTSpice simulation at higher frequencies. I'm assuming...
25
25

TINA
Looking around and found TINA, circuit simulator.. Would like the thoughts of the complete package and how reliable is the PCB editing, GERBER to fab house is? Of course, I would like the overall...
36
36

Compass chips
I'm looking at this chip: HMC5983-TR, along with its friends and relations. Anyone have any mileage with these? Are any ones particularly better or worse? Are any suppliers particularly better or...
25
25

Do you like an odd flower?
This is so strange that I found it hard to believe, but I can't disprove it and I did find a second picture. Click on first image. Mikek
4
4

Trip sensor -- line of sight
Remember the old photocell light sensors you could put in front of a doorwa y? You break the beam of light and get a closure? I need something that I can use on 4 corner posts that create a square for...
9
9

Interesting Telescoping ladder on Sale.
I saw this Telescoping ladder today (Ebay), never saw this ladder design before, $85.00. I went to Amazon for ratings, 4 out of 5 stars. $99 was the cheapest on Amazon. For your amusement. Mikek
4
4

Altium Designer Pricing
So, I've been looking over a few shoulders lately and seeing Altium on screens, and thinking maybe I should move away from EagleCAD. I looked on the Altium web site for pricing, and they're one of...
88
88

Nice boxes for keeping project parts together
I just ordered another 8 each of these: The lids are at These things are indestructible, very attractive, and stack very well. Plus they're made onshore and don't smell of plasticizer. Make sure you...
27
27

another PCB
This is layout iteration 18 of a new PCB layout, almost done. It's a VME module, 48 channels of isolated digital input with front-end BIST. There's no uP, just some state machines in the FPGA. I like...
17
17

Double Balanced Mixer - Very Linear ?
Anybody have experience/recommend an extremely linear double balanced mixer? DRIVE around 0+ dBm: prefer unbal single drive, but can live with bal drive. 0.1MHz < fc < 100MHz MODULATION 0+dBm prefer...
143
143

Thermal range of an MCU
Hello, what, *in practice*, does the temperature range mean in case of an MCU (PIC16F1709 here)? There are two variants, -40C..85C and -40C..125C. I understand that formally at 86C the first part is...
26
26