Subject Author Posted Replies

ROHS and irons and desoldering tools
Is there an iron and a desolder tool that makes ROHS as easy as SnPb used to be?
16
16

dumb design, happy ending
I designed a 48-channel optoisolated digital input module, something having to do with a submarine. The customer wanted built-in-self-test, so I did this: The idea is to transformer-couple in a...
7
7

0402
After years of avoiding 0402 resistors because of perceived difficulty in hand-soldering, I finally broke down and put some on a board that I'm trying to make very small. They're not so bad! They're...
20
20

franchise opportunity
Discrete, after dark, Obama/Biden bumper sticker removal service. -- John Larkin Highland Technology Inc jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com Precision electronic instrumentation
5
5

Need help
I am trying power a heating element with dc power and not sure of the power requirements. I have a 24 v dc 200 watt element. How many amps do I need to achieve 160-180 degrees f?
26
26

Bed of nails?
I'm looking for something I can use in lieu of a humongous debug connector, on a board where size matters a lot. Are these the right connectors to use for the "nails"? How does one get them located...
12
12

Part of the healthcare problem.
I recently had a physical, I just got the billing with the allowed amounts from the insurance company. I had a series of blood tests (4), The Billed amount $387.59 The Allowed amount $27.48 Percentage...
11
11

samsung galasy note 3

monotony motors
I have ranted about this before: Do you think we'll start seeing cars with colors again some day? I can find *my* car in a parking lot.
35
35

Blog containing the latest news on business, technology
Blog containing the latest news on business, technology Click here

OT: I thought I would throw up...
OT: I thought I would throw up... Drove up to Jack in the Box for my monthly dose of Sourdough Jack and saw a sign, "Egg white & Turkey Sandwich" :-( Gag me with a spoon X;{ ...Jim Thompson -- | James...
40
40

Anyone do USB design, with certs?
I have a customer who wants a USB-powered battery charger designed, with certification -n- all. I figure the certification part will be harder than the charger part, so I have to give it a pass....
14
14

Spice model suggestions, ping Jim?
Jim, Since you said you were interested in suggestions for Spice models, so here's two: SA612/SA602. There are models around, but I have no way of knowing how good they are. BF904R. This strange...
3
3

nice little camera
I complained a while back about a digital camera that required driver installs and had nasty menus and stuff. Sent it back. I just got an Olympus VR-340 and it's pretty nice. 10x optical zoom,...
29
29

OFFTOPIC: independent pcb design engineers
offtopic - anyone here do or know of anyone who does pcb layouts for hobby and commercial products on the side? project in mind has 7 to 9 pages of schematics destined for a 4 layer board. would like...
1
1