Subject Author Posted Replies

AC and DC Current Sensing
I'm interested in sensing AC and DC currents, 0-8A nominally, but up to 160 A for 10msec current surges from both AC and DC sources... I'm after the be st resolution I can get... I don't know if it's...
57
57

Fun with Forklifts
We ordered a Universal pick-and-place machine. Wound up getting a dual-head one sort of by accident. We have a dinky electric forklift, and the biggest box in the delivery was supposed to be 5000...
28
28

OT: Science Frauds and Hoaxes of the Modern World
I can't give an exhaustive list, due to time constraints, but here is the first. It is: The Human Genome Project This has been a dismal failure. A worm has similar DNA to ours. Here is just one brief...
68
68

Pickle with DigiKey and UPS
I ordered components from DigiKey a short while ago. Unfortunately no one was in when UPS delivered. The UPS UK website says that 3 delivery attempts will be made. However the consignment has gone to...
61
61

OT: Google Analytics is spastic
1. Seems that and act differently; the first is NEVER seen by GA and the second is a "sometimes" thing. 2. is sometimes "missed". When GA traps/gets it, the results alternates between what i call...
2
2

Graphene

Nonlinear damping
This was a question someone posed on the Mathematics stack exchange site that didn't receive a satisfactory answer. I thought it mighy be of interest to the folks here. It is straightforward to prove...
17
17

Aybody have a good reference/tutorial on noise and double balanced mixers?
Need URLs to some good information, or URLs to pdf AppNotes or Articles regarding how to understand noise as it goes through a double balanced mixer. I just did some simulations of double balanced...
38
38

Fake OPA627 on ebay
Fakes on ebay. That is some breaking news!
1
1

Need a freeware tool for graphical representation of system design.
I'm trying to help someone at a remote location implement some mostly software functions that drive hardware. He's disorganized and I need a way to help organize his thoughts so I don't end up writing...
13
13

Here is some new bad news, and i mean really bad news
See Link: ?;..((
166
166

Verilog style question
Hi, all, I'm writing my first bit of mildly nontrivial Verilog. It's a controller for a sort of combination boxcar and lock-in, with a few bells and whistles. (The lock-in runs for exactly N cycles,...
21
21

interviews
We're interviewing design engineers and interns, all EE graduates or soon to be. So far, nobody knows the basics of what an opamp or a transistor does. One guy, prompted, got an opamp output polarity...
225
225

Multi Tech MT5656ZDX modem
Multi Tech MT5656ZDX modem A Multi Tech MT5656zdx modem is now connected to a computer here and is working great - at 2400 baud! The AT$SB38400 command, which is reported to change the serial baud...
10
10

OT: send nfo from site?
I want to send the equivalent of an e-mail with javascript derived data as the body - BUT WITHOUT need of any e-mail client on the user side. In a HTML page, i can add: // Agent is unique for our...
11
11