Subject Author Posted Replies

Thermistor pressure sensor
Thermistor pressure sensor. Here's a circuit for using a thermistor as pressure sensor. from here, It's like a pirani gauge in that you measure how much voltage you need to keep the element at a...
22
22

Re: Question on zero-crossing circuit
This one is kinda cute Simple, cheap, low power, tight and accurate window. (Assuming you want an isolated AC line zcd, which you may not want)
5
5

Best overall website hosting - software development platform
I am looking for a software development tool(s) that will let me: -do a few simple graphics -mostly text -a very simple Paypal or other payment system - very low key, as $ not the aim -a means to...
2
2

Electronic Stethoscope - New Design
Thanks to everyone who responded to my previous thread on building an electronic stethoscope from a schematic downloaded off the internet. I spent days trying to get it working, and have come to the...
25
25

Thermoelectric heater control
Has anyone worked with thermoelectric heaters before? I have one I need to control, and I was just going to make a PWM circuit, but I googled thermoelectric heater control, and these specialized chips...
18
18

Watt Sun Atto Parsec
If you remember the guy (and whatever happened to him, hasn't been seen here for years now), he'd probably get a kick out of this one. Around 67% efficient, 1W capacity (the Chinese LED claims "3W",...
7
7

economic mystery
If there's an Invisible Hand that makes supply rise to meet demand, how come Safeway is always out of Boston Creme Donuts?
102
102

Has anyone been in the twilight zone?
I had a friend who said she was walking at night in the australian outback. It was pitch dark, couldn't see your hand in front of your face. Suddenly she had a feeling, and she switched on her...
31
31

A decent alarm clock - what is it?
I have wanted an alarm clock with following features -loud as hell, adjustable to the particular circle of hell :) -reliable as the sun. -portable, programmable easily.-can't be lost. So I bought an...
3
3

Another Woman at the Helm- This Time Lying and Deceiving but Killing People Nonetheless
Sharon Helman, Director of Phoenix Veterans Administration Hospital, another useless token sleaze: Top officials at the Phoenix VA deny any existence of a secret waiting list in an in-depth interview...
5
5

Charge time
6 VOLT 4.5AMP HOUR RECHARGEABLE SLA 4.5AH SEALED BATTERY If I use a 500 Mah charger to charge it, is there a formula to determine the charge time based on the starting voltage ? Thanks gentlemen and...
11
11

Anybody testing the reliability of computers ?
Hello, I worry sometimes about cosmic interference or electric magnetic interference or just mobile energy signal interference with computers. Is anybody measuring "rate of computer crashes" ? It will...
7
7

Scam or legitimate music site ?
This is way off topic for many, but I have a feeling that there are more than a few real musicians and even more aspiring musicians in this forum. I am searching the net for online music shops for a...
5
5

OT vacuum pump.
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a two stage vacuum pump. This may not be the best forum, and if some of you know a vacuum related forum then please do share. This will be used in the lab as a roughing...
19
19

Clamp on "Ohm" Meter?
At 12:30 this video shows a clamp on ohm meter. I don't see any other wires other than the hot wire connected to the ground rod. I'm sure the clamp on doesn't assume 120V and calculate ohms. What am I...
9
9