Subject Author Posted Replies

light detection without quantum changes in matter
Hi, I came across an article today showing how light can be used to influence the Van Der Walls forces between atoms, so that depending on the light field's properties the Van Der Wall's force may...
13
13

Electrical musings
I used to hate aluminum wires when it comes to soldering. I have had a change of heart. Solid coppers wires break as often as taxes go up. With stranded aluminum wires, you may lose a few, but you can...
2
2

New profit center
I just received a bill from my tax preparer, I paid by check on 3-21-14 the same day the taxes were finished. Some of the things he said when doing my taxes made me think he took a class on improving...

Class A headphone amp idea
Please forgive my drawing skilks!
19
19

magnetic deflection
magnetic deflection:

How did they control Topo Gigio
I got an email with pictures of things you might not recognize if you aren't at least 55 years old. One of those was Topo Gigio. I watched a video and his movements, head control, mouth movement, arms...
2
2

picosecond gated bias signal on SPAD
Hi, I saw this article today, showing a method for increasing the bandwidth while maintaining high sensitivity in a SPAD (single pulse avalanche diode). The numbers are 5GHz bandwidth, 200ps bias...
4
4

OT: Spectacles
I'm short sighted, but now also need reading glasses (I can read something without specs only if it's about 6" away but it needs to be an arm's length away if I wear my spectacles). So, any advice on...
75
75

interesting numbers
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
45
45

Syncing Audio Tone Over Phone Line
Here is a stange one. We are doing an experiment that involves modulating an RF carrier with an audio tone. There are two transmitting stations involved. The tone will be generated at one. But the...
32
32

Pissed at FBI ! and whoever else is involved with this BS.
Taking away computers is not cool and not very modern ! Cowboy style: Euro-trash: Tell your politicians to throw away their computers/mobiles and see if they like it ! Other solutions should be found...
28
28

Solder paste -- better late than never
After more years than I would to admit. I discovered that solder paste that is used for copper tubing, works great for cleaning and making wire joints much easier to solder....
1
1

+1/-1 gain stage
Hi all, Just playing with ideas for a +1/ -1 switched gain stage for an opamp. So the first one just uses a double throw switch to switch the output. And then 2.) is the "classic" switched input. And...
41
41

The Death Plane Flies On - an explanation
We must accept the possibility that the plane flew on, loaded with corpses. Here is one item that I didn't see in the postings: Malaysian Airlines had on board a type of Lithium battery which were...
3
3

GPIO out of PC - Clarification, USB 2 SPI
Thank you all for your thoughts on this. I want to clarify my question, since the issue has become more focused, as I see it. What I'm looking for s a high speed USB to SPI interface. Thw question...
3
3