Subject Author Posted Replies

Antidepressants Root Cause of Yet Another Shooting Rampage
Lots of "therapists" involved here, and guns had about as much to do with it as driving a BMW ( he actually did kill a cyclist by ramming him with the BMW, that's how the big hole got in the...
26
26

OT: But a good read.
OT: But a good read. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts...
3
3

Simulating Power Bandwidth
I'm trying to do a simulation to show power bandwidth for a (high power) OpAmp versus compensation capacitor. In the lab I would simply crank up the signal generator amplitude until the output became...
17
17

Writing a RF weather fax program
This is Linux software. Source code released under GPL license is now on my site: To unpack: tar -zxvf cd pwfax-0.1 Follow instructions in INSTALL, More info in README I decided to add Goertzel algo...
9
9

Newgroup Suppliers
Teksavvy is starting to play games with the newsserver so it's time to find another supplier. Here's a list of some of them: All pretty much the same. Expensive. There is one with an interesting...
21
21

Expresscard Fame kits
I am looking into the Expresscard format and I see two sources for the 34 adn 54pin frame kits.. Amphenol TCS & AVX Elco Are there any others? Thanks
4
4

Faster buffer than NL37WZ16US anywhere?
Folks, The NL37WZ16US can muscle a 50ohm load around in under a nanosecond when paralleling all three sections in it. This is great. But of course once you have a Porsche you then want a Ferrari. Is...
18
18

manifesto
This is cool: We can probably expect cheap power fets with something like 100x the power/capacitance ratio of mosfets. Get used to designing 40 MHz class-D amps and switching supplies.
11
11

Vaccum capacitor failure oddness.
While analyzing a problem with a small (150Kwatt oscillator) circuit, we discovered a faulty 200 pf 30VK vacuum cap. This was found via a series of HI-POT testing, starting with the filament...
4
4

theoretical question
Suppose you have a cascsde of two amplifiers with identical gain bandwidth product (for the sake of the thought experiment, you probably wouldn't do this in real life.) You want to cascsde the two...
15
15

Are you compliant with the new EU WEEE Recast Regulations?
New European Union recycling requirements for companies who sell electrical and electronic equipment in Europe are creating a complicated and changing regulatory landscape across the 28 EU Member...
5
5

Are Bitcoins A Dead Duck?
I don't think we have heard the last of Bitcoins. They are just too good a concept - money without parasite infestation. What a disrupter that is going to be! I can't wait. :)
9
9

LED flashes when soldering
So, the other day I was soldering up a circuit board, and when I soldered down the LED, it flashed. This is an 0603 LED, viewed through an assembly microscope. I think that I had the chip that powers...
22
22

diode leakage, input protection
Does anybody know how power diodes (rectifiers, zeners, TVSs) are fabricated? Do these use patterned lithography, or do people just fab big unfeatured wafers and dice them up? I wonder if chip edge...
7
7

Analog switch
Hi all, I'm back at looking for analog switches. (The switched gain thing) So after much searching I like two offerings from Vishay Siliconix (Do they make the best switches?) The DG611 and the DG411L...
21
21