Subject Author Posted Replies

electrometer front end for dmm
I want to make measurements on pyroelectric crystals but I think the input impedance of a typical dmm is too low (10 Megaohm or so). Any suggestions on a simple electrometer adapter for a dmm? I can't...
101
101

Pinging NEON JOHN!! need to reach John DeArmond asap!
John DeArmond, aka Neon-John Can't get the email links to work, John, I've got to reach you regarding radiation and electronics interactions. Please send me an email with an address that can reach...
1
1

Li-ion charging
g'day folks I'm looking at a chinese import emergency light system and am concerned at what I'm seeing. It is connected to the mains and when there is a power outage, a lithium ion cell (3V7 1300mAh)...
48
48

BOM minimization
Our latest game is BOM minimization, namely using the least number of different parts on a board. The guideline is that each BOM line costs a dollar or two for every board we build... purchasing,...
69
69

HD Video Specs.?
Can someone direct me to some specifications for HD video? I've had an inquiry regarding an HD video demodulator (FM), I'm zeroing out with Google (probably not the right search buzz words). Thanks!...
23
23

scam
23
23

Voltage to PWM chip (similar to class D)?
Folks, Does anyone know an IC that can turn a control voltage into PWM and can handle PWM frequencies in the 50-1000kHz range? Similar to a class D driver but has to go down to DC. The changes in...
127
127

AC/DC Vicor versus TDK-Lambda
Hello, I need an AC/DC converter that takes in 120Vac, and outputs 24V at 6A nominal load. I have been looking at a VICOR VIPAC for this application, but I noticed that TDK-Lambda has an AC/DC...
5
5

Interesting thermal test condition
Fig 8 For a moment, I was wondering if they were doing some sort of dielectric heating test. Tim
1
1

Got My Digikey Flier
They are advertising some LT stuff in it. Cool, I guess it's a good thing they support those who gave us that program. they got a "zero drift" OP AMP on there. Mt associate, being a real engineer and...
2
2

How to use John Chan L in LtSpice?
How do I use John chan L model on the form in Ltspice? I can't seem to find a way to instruct LTspice to use it over the standard? I looked for a model card to use but I don't see it what I was...
9
9

About the VA bonuses
Shouldn't those that got a bonus for hitting their numbers be prosecuted for fraud? They altered the numbers to get their bonus. I haven't heard anything like that. I haven't even heard they should...
4
4

Speaking of heating...
Speaking of heating... How do you convert R-value insulation numbers to a thermal resistance equivalent? What is the value of X? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations |...
4
4

0603 self heating
Anybody have an estimate of the self-heating coefficient for an 0603 resistor on a typical PC board? Assuming standard pads and 8 mil traces, no specific heat sinking. I'm guessing 300 k/w, given a...
10
10

Q or decent relatively modern MB
What about the ASUS Z87-PRO? Something else? I note Pricewatch lists a lot of MB+CPU combos, the designations seem to be disconnected with capability, "modern-ness" etc (Pentium FOURs??). Looking for...
3
3