Subject Author Posted Replies

water-proof conformal coatings?
I have some IC's exposed to moisture, and a conformal coating is in order. In my imagination, I'd like an adherent water-white 2-part silicone but I'll consider anything. This will be under fairly...
38
38

OT: Going Retro
I just ditched my Iphone and got a Rolodex. For $22 it comes with 500 cards. Maybe a PI getup of some sort, Raymond Chandler smart talk? A hat? I wonder how common the antique radios are. Maybe a...
2
2

Michelson-Morley experiment interpretation and relativity
Hi, I recently started watching (a couple minutes anyway) of "The Inexplicable Universe" starring Neil deGrasse Tyson, and near the beginning of the first video (on netflix), he is describing the...
38
38

Odd Breaker Situation...
Odd Breaker Situation... Changing out the cheapy light fixtures that came with the house, I turn the switch off, remove the old fixture, accidentally bump common (white) against frame (green) and...
7
7

I needed to remove some noise ontop of a digital
So I did this on the bench, still testing.. GND | - --- 10V | NPN + +------+ | --- | | 7 V digital +-+v -+---+ + .-----. | | ||-+ | G | | | ||
20
20

telephone options
Hi, We now have an AT&T landline for phone service and DSL. The DSL is about 1 MBPS and not very reliable; it gets flakey whenever it rains a lot. So, 21st Century, maybe I'll sign up with Comcast for...
10
10

TV reception
I use an RCA HDTV antenna. Sometimes I get electronic static. It is usually with stations just outside of the range of the station. But it also occurs with stations which are withing range. Would it...
7
7

electrometer front end for dmm
I want to make measurements on pyroelectric crystals but I think the input impedance of a typical dmm is too low (10 Megaohm or so). Any suggestions on a simple electrometer adapter for a dmm? I can't...
101
101

Pinging NEON JOHN!! need to reach John DeArmond asap!
John DeArmond, aka Neon-John Can't get the email links to work, John, I've got to reach you regarding radiation and electronics interactions. Please send me an email with an address that can reach...
1
1

Li-ion charging
g'day folks I'm looking at a chinese import emergency light system and am concerned at what I'm seeing. It is connected to the mains and when there is a power outage, a lithium ion cell (3V7 1300mAh)...
48
48

BOM minimization
Our latest game is BOM minimization, namely using the least number of different parts on a board. The guideline is that each BOM line costs a dollar or two for every board we build... purchasing,...
69
69

HD Video Specs.?
Can someone direct me to some specifications for HD video? I've had an inquiry regarding an HD video demodulator (FM), I'm zeroing out with Google (probably not the right search buzz words). Thanks!...
23
23

scam
23
23

Voltage to PWM chip (similar to class D)?
Folks, Does anyone know an IC that can turn a control voltage into PWM and can handle PWM frequencies in the 50-1000kHz range? Similar to a class D driver but has to go down to DC. The changes in...
127
127

AC/DC Vicor versus TDK-Lambda
Hello, I need an AC/DC converter that takes in 120Vac, and outputs 24V at 6A nominal load. I have been looking at a VICOR VIPAC for this application, but I noticed that TDK-Lambda has an AC/DC...
5
5