Subject Author Posted Replies

Ignore, Testing
Ignore, Testing... something's hosed ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142...
3
3

OT: Youtube via AT&T, anyone else have problems?
Hello Folks, My ISP is AT&T. Since a few months Youtube has become difficult to impossible to use. More than half of the videos will not start, the data traffic slows to a crawl and then stops. I...
67
67

job in San Diego
One of my customers, a largish company in San Diego, has recently discovered that it has few if any decent analog design engineers. One of the managers asked me to ask around. So I did. Looks like...
65
65

Touch controller to touch screen connection
I have a 5 wire analog resistive touch screen that has touch pins labelled as BL (Bottom Left), BR (Bottom Right), TL (Top Left), TR (Top Right) and SG. The touch controller IC (AR1100) has X-, X+, Y-...
2
2

OT: The Socipath in the Cubicle Next Door
Actually, this should have been titled, "Sociopathy begins in the home." Here is a test to see if you are a sociopath. "A woman went to a funeral for a friend of the family. While there, she met a man...
3
3

Some weird tubes
I was looking through my "essential characteristics" tube book in relation to the tube amp thread, and noticed a bunch of "weird" tubes. Here are a few: OA5: gas pentode trigger tube 5923: argon...
11
11

Looking for DIY kits for LED fixtures
With the availability of low-cost high powered LEDs, I'm interested in building my own lighting fixtures for my backyard patio and security lighting. I'm looking for a source for LED lighting...
14
14

OT: Father's Day.
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
3
3

Twiddling Thumbs
Bored silly sitting around twiddling my thumbs... I am seeking consulting projects. See my website for my skill set. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
19
19

How does Google know it's me?
As you know, Google's surveillance style biz plan is to have a giant database on all of us, for sale to marketers they say. They say this won't be used for un-constitutional purposes. "It won't, we...
33
33

OT: What is plink.exe .?
For as far back as I can remember, when I boot up my Lenovo laptop, a DOS window would pop up and be gone before I could read any of it. Today I guess I blinked just right, and was able to read the...
28
28

Bottom-firing surface mount LED?
Hi all, I'm searching for tiny bottom-firing LEDs, preferably surface mount. The LEDs are indicators for a multiport connector. The LEDs will fire through the PCB into some light pipes integrated into...
16
16

5V LDO With UVLO below 4V
Hi all, I need a LDO (100mA/5V) with a UVLO ULVO>4V min. i.e. the LDO output starts (no regulation) at 4V and beyond and start regulation at (5V + Vdropout) > 5.25V It's possible to do this with a...
13
13

Any Tube Guys Here ?
Tube based PWM at about 150 kc. (hey, it's tubes so kc is right...) The reason I depict R1 as going to the plate is because it technically must . In this app the load might be on the ngative side....
66
66

Photo Stamps - This Could Get Interesting
5
5