Subject Author Posted Replies

Modem lightning protection
Having been born and raised in a large city, I would not even consider living in a city again. I like the farm life and that's where I live now. But the rural life has it's problems, beyond getting...
47
47

Nasty Math Problem of the Day...
Nasty Math Problem of the Day... Any ideas? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ...
12
12

Severe Weather Across U.S. Destroying Major Engineered Infrastructure Designed to Withstand 500-Year Events x2
What more proof does an idiot need. Does an idiot not know that all major c ivil engineering projects are designed to specifications derived from NWS w eather data (among other variabes obviously)?...
13
13

Dynamometers
A client just asked me if I knew of any testing house that had a dynamometer suitable for testing their stuff. We're looking at something that can accurately measure torques from 0 to about 100 N-m,...
97
97

Some MOSFET Questions
Hi, I am developing two circuits - a H-bridge inverter and a boost converter, both of which use a MOSFET(s) with a PWM drive and resistive load. I observe: a. The rise time measured across the drain...
2
2

Fudging Data For Customers
Has anyone here ever been asked to fudge test data for a customer, then quietly change it back later? We kind of expect product specs to be overblown a bit any more. It's nice when manufacturers...
3
3

Legal Niceties
See Andy G8OZD
1
1

Replace a Tweeter
I bought a pair of used Fisher STV-667 speakers. These are cabinets with a Woofer, Midrange and Tweeter, and has a built in crossover. The woofers sound good, and the mids are fine, but one of them...
3
3

Dial Light Bulbs for old Lafayette Stereo
I am helping a guy rebuild an abandoned house, and inside was a Lafayette LR-1500-TA Stereo Receiver. He told me to toss it in the trash. Well, I tossed it in my car. It was built in 1970. I brought...
10
10

Dang, all panasonic polyester film caps are going away
Just got this message from DK. I've used a ton of these little film caps, grumble. George H.
14
14

air pollution particulate sensor package
Hi, This message is related to my earlier request for advice in the topic 'finding electronics design and fabrication expertise for a project'. Because of the kindness of the group members here, I am...
63
63

another Spec An paper

Contract engineering outfit in NY/NJ
Hi, all, Maybe about a year back, somebody here mentioned a crackerjack contract engineering house somewhere within a hundred miles or so of me (northern NYC suburbs). I wrote the name down, intending...
2
2

UV intensity measurement
I have a Koi Pond UV filter system, rated at 55W. Is there a simple way to measure UV intensity, or more importantly, some way of telling that the UV is degrading compared to when it was new.......
11
11

Source of LCD - touch screen panel mounting bezels?
We're looking at using a small (