Subject Author Posted Replies

Open Costing
We have, once again, a big company that wants us to sign an absurd contract, to supply them with some difficult electronics. Of course, they want to walk away owning all of our IP, free and forever....
102
102

NaCl now on the REACH list..
..might be time for some SALTY comments to the powermongers.
6
6

OT: guvcview timing bug?
Upon complaint (or request), starting in a new thread: As stated before, i am programming a Linux laptop for surveillance. I am using "time guvcview --no_display --exit_on_close -f jpeg -c 1 -m 1 -i "...
1
1

48V microphone phantom voltage problem
Repairing a commercial digital audio processor unit , working ok until someone turned on the phantom voltage while in use, now bad white-noise intrusion introduced at the first opamp. As it happens ,...
15
15

Backlash stirs in US against foreign worker H-1B visas
+++++++++++++++++++++ Last month, three tech advocacy groups launched a labor boycott against Infosys, IBM and the global staffing and consulting company ManpowerGroup, citing a "pattern of excluding...
1
1

New regs on electronic devices on aircraft
What's new here? I recall some 25 years ago - even on a domestic flight - the security people told me they needed to see the scanner I was taking with me "doing something". I switched it on, it lit-up...
16
16

TEC - 12076 - module
Hi guys. Am just wondering if someone of you knows "lifetime" of those Chinese TEC peltier modules. Would this work for two-three years under constant usage ?
12
12

Cheap current sense
How long is a string? Uh, I mean -- is it reasonable to expect Chinese "1 ounce" copper to be at all consistent from board to board and batch to batch? I'm working on a board that I want to keep...
27
27

another climate change disaster
So, there won't be any redheads in Scotland in.... 10 years! No more Inuit redheads, either. A DNA expert has has made the bold claim that ginger hair gene could die out if Scotland climate improves.
5
5

What Are They Hiding?
12
12

In Norfolk, evidence of climate change is in the streets at high tide
Just another example of centuries old infrastructure failing: Hey, boys and girls, let's see how many other surrogate markers for climate change we can discover without actually making meteorological...
50
50

737s
The wild 737 crawls out of its natural river habitat to spawn.
8
8

Precision when it's needed
This makes me grin every time I watch it. Mikek
7
7

Star-Spangled Banner, Think you know it?
Performance of the original 1814 music: Try playign that in front of a typical sporting event audience with their 15-second attention span.
18
18

Differential floating outputs -
Hi, folks:- I imagine most people here are familar with the floating differential output configuration that looks like two cross-coupled Howland current sources**. It has a constant output impedance...
17
17