Subject Author Posted Replies

another climate change disaster
So, there won't be any redheads in Scotland in.... 10 years! No more Inuit redheads, either. A DNA expert has has made the bold claim that ginger hair gene could die out if Scotland climate improves.
5
5

What Are They Hiding?
12
12

In Norfolk, evidence of climate change is in the streets at high tide
Just another example of centuries old infrastructure failing: Hey, boys and girls, let's see how many other surrogate markers for climate change we can discover without actually making meteorological...
50
50

737s
The wild 737 crawls out of its natural river habitat to spawn.
8
8

Precision when it's needed
This makes me grin every time I watch it. Mikek
7
7

Star-Spangled Banner, Think you know it?
Performance of the original 1814 music: Try playign that in front of a typical sporting event audience with their 15-second attention span.
18
18

Differential floating outputs -
Hi, folks:- I imagine most people here are familar with the floating differential output configuration that looks like two cross-coupled Howland current sources**. It has a constant output impedance...
17
17

OT: un-scam
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 08:18:18 -0700 [06/24/2014 08:18:18 AM PDT] From: To: Raymond Paul Subject: Re: Ref To Your Fund:Robert Baer, Western Union Agent * Please see comments like this below. Quoting...
4
4

OT Which direction is your ceiling fan SUPPOSED to run?
It's HOT, so I thought run the ceiling fan so the cool air comes across the stone flooring and moves by me to be sucked up into the ceiling fan - so I feel cooler. Fan is set to move air UP Earlier I...
244
244

OT: PNG Format
Is it possible to make multi-page PNG's? That is, I want to post a PNG file that you can see multiple pages, one page at a time. Can that be done? ...Jim Thompson
18
18

Gerber Edit & Panelization
I'm looking for Gerber editing and panelization software. In decreasing order of want, I'm looking for: * panelizes boards in a regular grid * no-nonsense and works right * open-source * low cost if...
28
28

online components dot com any good?
Hi all, I'm doing a life time buy of Panasonic caps. according to octo parts, onlinecomponents is about 25% lower than the other usual suspects, (mouser, digi, arrow..etc.) Has any one dealt with...
4
4

ebay
It's weird to see your own gear on ebay... Heck, the rack alone is worth $500.
6
6

Louis Zamperini, Olympian Whose Story of War Survival Became 'Unbroken,' Dies at 97
Unbelievable individual: "In 1938, Zamperini set a national collegiate mile record of 4:08.3, which stood for 15 years." That's quite a speedy mile at average speed of 14.5 MPH. This man had staying...

Super Hydrophobic Coating
I just bought a Rust-Oleum spray can(s) of this coating. I got it at Ace Hardware, and my interest was to put on a PCB to prevent water film build up in wet conditions. This coating is so good, you...
4
4