Subject Author Posted Replies

"Reduce Circuit Zapping From Cosmic Radiation"
Did you know this?: Sep 1, 2007 Reduce Circuit Zapping From Cosmic Radiation: Quote: "... About 90% of high-energy particles at ground level are neutrons. ... For example, the wide bandgap of silicon...
6
6

OT: Aircraft for sale
7
7

Positive thought for the Future
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon. We're in a great place, just at a bad time."
16
16

Russian Woman Behind MH-17 Shootdown
Why are we not surprised by this? From WP news: In the first conversation, which the (Ukraine) Security Service said took p lace on July 14, an alleged rebel called "Oleg" said he missed a plane flyi...
27
27

OT: "The Business of Business is Business"
This famous statement by Calvin Coolidge has a Zen-like quality. What is me ans is, well, "business is business, primarily." In the entrepreneurial are a, it is the (capitalist) notion that, where...
8
8

Can an electronics student join?
Hello everyone. I am an electronics student and in the process of learning, and I was wondering if I could join this group? I am thinking it would be a good way to learn more from others with more...
67
67

Anthropogenic Solar Minimum
I stole the subject line, because I thought it was funny :-) I'm sure others will be offended. Mikek
4
4

high voltage blinker
This might work. The idea is to build a static Schmitt trigger that switches on its own supply voltage. Q1C is low below VK=4 volts, high above 12 volts, has hysteresis between, and doesn't depend on...
57
57

Favourite op amp for driving ADCs?
So I'm building this board that has a very nice shiny ADS8319 ADC (16-bit, 500 ks/s, good specs). The input is capacitive, of course, so it needs some fairly beefy driver. For slower things I usually...
46
46

OT To: support@biostar-usa.com
Please give full, complete, *working* instructions to modify / update / the BIOS boot screen. Firstly, please do NOT refer to the motherboard PDF manual page 20 as it is useless. Start from scratch,...
1
1

OT: Congratulations Australia on doing away with CO2 tax!
Congratulations Australia on doing away with CO2 tax: There is more correlation between sunspot activity and the ended warming a few years ago, than between warming and CO2.
2
2

OT: In spite of Slowman.
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
2
2

Picaxe: The Crappiest, Best mcu out there!
The Picaxe is an mcu that hardly deserves the name, as it runs on a basic interpreter and is slow. But what the basic interpreter does is to make simple usually complex needs, like ADC. It's a 90% of...
26
26

Deep Neural Nets out-do classic HMM speech reco approach
Yu and colleagues managed to improve on hidden markov model (HMM) automatic speech recognition (ASR) by 20-30%, which is impressive, considering HMM has been under development for 40 years now. FYI...
1
1

How ATT Lost Their Monopoly
This is a story worth repeating. It's one of the most famous business law cases ever. A trucker wanted to talk to other truckers in Illinois, so he started a microwave network to do that. ATT heard...
1
1