Subject Author Posted Replies

Best Oscilloscope for $3k
Dear Group, I can finally afford a new oscilloscope to supplement my trusty TEK 465M. My budget is around $3k. I like the newer Agilent scopes, which I have used when someone else was paying. I do...
52
52

SPICE deep yogurt..
Well, according to the "help" document, there should be a "Draw" on the top selection bar; NOPE! So i have no idea as to draw a new part and label it. Therefore i hope i have an invisible LM185ADJ,...
37
37

Deglitching Micros on Plug-in Proto Boards
Are there any special recommendations for prototyping microprocessor circuits on plug-in breadboards? What is the practical upper limit for the clock frequency? On a few occasions, at 20MHz, the code...
68
68

OT: Q Chopstix Bros vid
Questions regarding the video : First, is an English translation available even tho that might totally mess up the very nice rhythm? Second, who is the Featured / Prime / Star dancer, redhead in...
3
3

Peak power rating of BC847
Hi We are pulsing high current through a BC847B It can handle 200mA for less than 1ms. If I pulse say 1A for 1us, is that a no-no? Anyone got inside knowledge or data? Regards Klaus
37
37

Hydrogen from a AAA cell?
-- Anyone wanting to run for any political office in the US should have to have a DD214, and a honorable discharge. Latest news from and about Stanford University.
124
124

Questioning CD4017 Outputs
I have a CD4017 wired up as shown in the second illustration on this page. The clock input is 128Hz. I had assumed the individual divide down outputs, from 2 to 9, would appear simultaneously as...
61
61

politics
This is amazing. Maureen Dowd. THE NEW YORK TIMES.
2
2

Schematic? Test points?
Here is a listing from an old DOS Spice file. How do i get LTSpice to show the schematic, so that i can probe,etc? VREF+MOSFET reg (25V ref) *.OPTIONS ACCT LIST NODE OPTS NUMDGT=6 RELTOL=0.00001...
4
4

Mark 4 E-meter
Theoretical design, one goal was to remove need for tweaking. Version 4 SHEET 1 1400 708 WIRE 1232 -240 1168 -240 WIRE 1232 -224 1232 -240 WIRE -384 -208 -512 -208 WIRE 224 -208 -384 -208 WIRE 432...

Fireplace of doom
My friend moved into a new apartment with a 1920s era electric fireplace. It's in bad shape and I advised her not to use it...some wiseguy apparently replaced the bulbs with neon flicker flame bulbs...
8
8

OT: Immaculate Transformation.
OT: Immaculate Transformation: Anyone noticed this besides me... Take a Black Thug Gets shot by a white cop Black Thug is now transformed into a Choir Boy (By the media, of course.) ...Jim Thompson --...
90
90

Analog Switch
Anyone know of an analog switch that can handle -6V to +11V inputs (low current, high Ron OK), +/-12V supplies? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
10
10

Multiple monitors
Hi, In the past, I've configured each *pair* of workstations in my work area to support a pair of 4:3 monitors, side by side -- using the A/B switches in the monitors themselves to select between...
99
99

OT: Saturday morning laugh.
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
3
3