Subject Author Posted Replies

Lead-free lead-acid batteries, anyone?
DigiKey lists 17 lead acid batteries when you check the "lead free" box, down from 89 or so without. Hmm. Lead-free lead-acid batteries. Will wonders never cease!
5
5

One day someone could prove it wrong!
Just an observer here with no physics knowledge, I've been following the LENR story since 2011. So three years and still lots of people saying it's a fraud, they don't understand calorimetry, the...
15
15

Laser Displacement Sensor
Hi We are investigating vibration frequencies on a PCB to avoid the components flying all over the place during vibration tetsting So, I need to measure HF (up to 50kHz) displacement on a PCB with I...
31
31

Impedance matching questions
I am trying to get a better grip on impedance matching, especially active impedance matching and have run into some issues. So, here are are some questions for the gurus here. For audio circuit...
88
88

USB PHY recommendations
I have started using the TI TUSB1210 which is a USB PHY with a ULPI interface. However, I can virtually guarantee that during enumeration, the device will lock up with DIR permanently DIR high in High...
5
5

Behavioral Models for Microchip MCP656x Comparators
See MicrochipComparators.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website. The file now includes behavioral models for the MC6561 and MCP6566 comparators. As usual... these are SWAG's. Please...

this might not work too well
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
61
61

OT: Non-hp Toner Cartridges
Anyone had good experience with non-hp toner cartridge replacements? Seems hp is playing price escalation... a cartridge that was ~$75 a few years ago is now $110 :-( ...Jim Thompson -- | James...
30
30

OT: Rotate MP4
I took an MP4 video with my Olympus camera oriented in the portrait orientation, but it plays back on my PC as landscape, so you have to tilt your head :-( Is there a software to rotate such a...
16
16

2.4 GHz linear board....
2.4 GHz linear board from ebay came today: This is what the PCB looks like: And this is the other side, the copper bottom heat spreader, PCB and heatspreader are one thing: It is an interesting board,...
19
19

Nobel price physics for blue LED inventors
Nobel price physics for blue LED inventors Shuji Nakamura, Isamu Akasaki und Hiroshi Amano In German: I think this is right. http://www.tagesschau.de/ausland/nobelpreis-physik-105.html
15
15

engineering attitude adjustment
I find that wearing nice soft, warm, fuzzy slippers makes work much more enjoyable. Try it. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att...
8
8

Third hand for soldering
We've been using this for temporary holding-of-things for a couple of years, and find it endlessly useful. We buy it at the office supply. I think it's intended for sticking posters to bulletin boards...
12
12

OT: Stainless Steel Cleaner
With my wife in ill health many of the household chores have become mine. Just tried cleaning all the stainless steel appliances with Weiman Stainless Steel Wipes. TERRIBLE! Leaves streaks which are...
29
29

DC supply on AC CCTV camera
Hi, I have a bunch of (identical) CCTV cameras that I've been asked to set up for a group, here. They require "24VAC" as power. Of course, it is MUCH easier for me to provide a *DC* supply (lots of...
32
32