Subject Author Posted Replies

beginning of the end?
I sure hope so. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
22
22

test board
We've been doing pretty fancy test sets lately, rather than hacking things up. Long term, it's worth it. We were going to plug a fan into the FAN connector, to blow air over various DUTs, but the BLDC...
14
14

A shocking story.
5
5

Direct-conversion spectrum analyzer?
For a radio hobbyist, a sweep generator and spectrum analyzer is a highly desirable tool. There are plenty of projects on the web to attest to that... but the ones I've seen are pretty old-school...
15
15

Prototype circuit seized by USPS
I mailed a prototype audio mixer to a client of mine in Tucson, AZ, via Priority Mail. It was built on proto-blob-board, with a bunch of pots connected to it. The package arrived at the clients house...
101
101

cotton-pickin Pulse Picker
Some reading for a lazy Sunday afternoon. A typical femto-second laser might give 65kW 0.1ps light pulses at a rate of 80MHz. But some applications can't handle a powerful light pulse every 12.5ns,...
23
23

OT: Supporting multiple browser versions
Firstly, it looks like the only "decent" OS that can support this is Win7. Would like to support, with minimum of fuss for switching between browsers. Chrome 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 and 51. There...
21
21

Motor capacitor value
Maybe SOT, but I think I've seen discussions here before on motors and capacitors. Basically, how critical is the capacitance to an electric motor (probably start rather than run)? Background... I...
11
11

Hole in SMD pad?
Ok here comes dumb question from SMD newbie. If you want to run traces on both the component and solder side of say an 0805 resistor, you put a pth on the pad(s) ? If so, if it's an 0805 part what...
41
41

Wire spring configuration links
I'm looking for some old style wire spring configuration links like these: DK / Mouser have remnants of these parts on their sites as they've been discontinued. Anyone know of a current source or...
25
25

PCIe x8 bus w/ x16 card
Bus: poweredge 2950 x4 or x8 Video: Quad video x16 Most video card are x16. Will the PCIe x16 bus backward compatible?
4
4

OT Flat lens.. (meta material)
This is pretty cool! George H.
15
15

voice recorder
voice recorder Any suggestions for a voice recorder that can produce a clear rendition of the conversation of several people sitting at a table? I tried one a few years ago that sold for $100 but...
10
10

OT Window AC, put screen over outer vents?
Speaking generally, about window air conditioner units in the 5,000 to 8,000 BTU range. Seems to me that much of the problem with slinging water onto the cooling fins is caused by bugs and crud...
22
22

excellent rant
That makes a lot of sense. A TV remote should be a featureless touchpad; touch it and the screen displays a menu, and slide your finger around as if it were a mouse. Not a zillion little keys.
49
49