Subject Author Posted Replies

Building the pendulum demonstrator
I show how I built the demonstrator for my systems & stability video. It's an electromechanical pendulum, and it's kewl -- or it was, until I broke it making this video.
43
43

OT: Rear/Back-up Camera
I'm trying to find specifications for... Toyota SU003-05965 rear-camera My son is adding it to his monster truck, thinks it runs on 6V, which strikes me strange. ...Jim Thompson
7
7

Storing thousandths of 8-digits codes --> SRAM --> Arduino
Hi. As the subject says :-), I need to store cca 70.000 codes on my arduino mega board. Because each of this code is 8-digit code i have to use, double or float or string, but to do so, i need much...
16
16

FLOSS - [tlnomiva] : Transmission Line Nominal Values
[tlnomiva] : Transmission Line Nominal Values without Tolerance - from Cable Specifications and Technical Data Sheets : FLOSS for MS Windows: Source Download: Setup Download:

Semi OT: EV charging
I've done some math, and it looks like at current natural gas rates it would be significantly cheaper to charge my Volt EV from a 240 volt 30 amp emergency generator plugged into a natural gas line,...
29
29

OT: End of life issues (sort of)
We've buried a fair number of friends in the past year or so. As we get older, we no longer look at these as "sad events" but, rather, also as "learning opportunities" -- figuring we'll eventually be...
34
34

Input-referred Resistor Noise Question
Suppose I have an OpAmp (a behavioral model ;-) that has a gm=1 driving a load resistor R, thus the voltage gain=R Thus am I correct in assuming that the input-referred noise from the load resistor,...
3
3

1 Tesla = 2 trillion lines of flux per square meter
Proposed Theory 1 Weber = 2.72268*10^12 lines of magnetic flux The magnetic flux has a new definition that is based on the Gravity Volume Theory. The proton has an internal momentum which magnets use....
8
8

OT: Equation Solving
In my development of a generalized OpAmp model with independent setting of GBW, Slew Rate and Input Transition Width I found myself hung on solving the transfer function shown in green... for the...

Generating energy through resonance (like a bridge/wind/gravity)
Here is an idea: If wind/gravity/resonance is capable of destroying an entire bridge then it should be possible to collect that massive energy and transform it into eletricity. So perhaps add some...
10
10

OT: Android Updates
Does anyone get frustrated with the number and frequency of Android app updates? I don't even have that many apps, but it seems every time I turn on a tablet or phone after even just 48 hours of not...
2
2

Home Bound
I had a hip resurfaced last Friday and the recovery is pretty amazing in many ways. I was able to put full weight on that leg just three days after surgery. Heck, they sent me home the day after. The...
6
6

OT: Time-Logging Software
OT: Time-Logging Software I'm back to engineering lawyer-style, billing by the hour. I'm currently using Responsive Software's Time Logger, which is a bit cumbersome to use. Any recommendations for an...
26
26

WEIRD SCIENCE salon, misc. surplus finds
Our monthly group brings in interesting finds from online. Here's a few r ecent ones still on sale. Cheap 90V 2HP DC PM motor $39. Not $300!! Finally get around to putting v ariable speed on your...
5
5

OT: She has no shame
She has no shame: Hillary Clinton wore a $12,495 Armani jacket during a speech about inequality.
49
49