4066 bandwidth up to almost 100MHz?

Hello Hal,

The chip also support the old 100kHz speed IIRC. The reason why Jim would need it fast is that he wants to switch frame by frame.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Hello John,

I agree. What I have seen of digital video and TV out here (Western US) was rather disenchanting, to say it politely. Anything that moves fast was distorted into jagged edges. They must have thought now that Claude Shannon has passed away they could get away with less channel capacity than he said. That just ain't working.

Studio stuff is a different matter. But for personal use analog TV is just fine. Of course, all the bidders are already drooling over the extra megahertzes that are going to be auctioned off soon. Or so they hope.

Same here. I am an analog, ahem, analogue guy.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Indeed, that's one more reason why the 74hc4053, etc., is so attractive. The level shifting also gets you twice the supply-voltage range, to +/-7V, compared to 7V max otherwise.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win