Subject Author Posted Replies

Plastic screws
For that SEM cathodoluminescence gizmo I mentioned in the distributed attenuator thread, I need to cool a multi-pixel photon counter (MPPC) down to about -10C. It's on the end of a piece of aluminum...
55
55

Wireless door chime stopped working
I have a wireless doorbell made by Radio Shack. :-( Something is wrong with the sender unit. When the button is pressed, the led lights up but the chimes do not ring. The chime unit does work, I...
1
1

whiteboard advances
Our internet was down this morning so I did what I've been wanting to do for a long time, namely install a fixed cam to shoot pics of my whiteboard. So I don't have to get out of my chair and fumble...
11
11

TO-220 'lock' washer
So we had a few transistors in to-220 pacs de-laminate at the metal tab/ plastic interface. (lost electrical connection to the collector.) I bent it up...it was just cracked along the edge. The...
15
15

offshore manufacturing
13
13

Assistance in designing measurement circuit for Tolman-Stewart experiment: difference amplifier
Hello all! About a month ago I posted to this forum looking for help in designing a ci rcuit to measure a small current pulse. (Thread is here: The short version is that we're trying to create a...
18
18

charge-based piezo drive
I'm finishing a section on charge-based piezo drive. Anybody want to say anything about it?
40
40

OT: Moon Landing
Gentlemen, As we approach the 50th anniversary of the 'first manned moon landing' as it were, I'm just wondering what proportion of the group believe the whole thing was just an elaborate hoax for...
175
175

OT USA SIM info
We're coming to Orlando in August... ZIP 33844. There's a Wallmart nearby but looking for a cheap PAYG SIM that's in stock is tough going.. Anyone have any pointers ? 200 mins 200txt $10 is more than...
1
1

Q Alpha paste flux
Help! Someone recommended Alpha paste flux #UP-28 500 gram bottle, $84.35 . Seems nobody carries it; not even found on the Alpha site. What solder is compatible with this flux? What cleaner is...
10
10

Q on Hakko 851-2 hot air station
Digikey 1691-1010-ND Are there an more support pieces, or is this complete? Thanks
2
2

OT: Fake "message" from "Winfield Hill"
** EXACT COPY ** Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format="flowed" Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 20:19:39 -0700 [20:19:39...

Interesting Site
Some fascinating stuff here for those of us who appreciate high quality vintage test equipment and the human stories that go with it: -- This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge...
4
4

More than I expected
Ordered some 1W amp from ebay. 400 MHz t o270 MHz.. Arrived today: Some heatsink for 1W!!! PCB looks neat, almost like the ones JOLA makes :-) Interesting, 400 MHz should also work on 70 cm ham band.....
3
3

OT: more evidence of AGW scam
Conclusion: it's all a load of old bollocks.
59
59