12 dc fan speed controller schematic using MJ11032 or mj11016 darlington needed .

hi, i am after a basic type schematic to controll the speed of a 12 volt dc automotive cabin fan .

seems to be a bit of a problem in these saab`s.

any schematic using a mj11032 or mj11016 darlington would be good. if not any electronic speed controll schematic will be fine. the original darlington is rated at about 25 amp , seems a bit excessive.... these darlingtons i have are rated at 30 and 50 amp.

thanks, mark k

Reply to
mark krawczuk

A simple Pulse Width Modulator (PWM) will drive those babies fine!.. YOu can make a simple one via a 555 timer..

That circuit is good for 5..95% power. if you want 0..100% duty cycle, then you'll need to use something different like a dual op-amp. one channel as the triangle Oscillator and the channel for the comparator and speed control. I think if you have an on/off switch in the circuit, the 555 timer will work perfectly.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie