Experiences with boost converters

Hi to all

I need to power an industrial camera hooked to my laptop, in the field. There are 2 cameras, one works at 12V, another 9V. I'm trying to use a step-up converter with LiIon batteries 3.6V and 4xNiMH - 4.8V.

Catering for a drop to 2.7V or thereabouts, I'm trying out the LM2621, LM2623 and LM2731. From Farnell Components, these seem to be the cheapest. I mount these SM components on an 8pin turned pin socket for experimentation.

The 2621 seemed to be a wonderful chip, accepting inputs as low as 1.2V and output at 12V. The datasheet was misleading, as there are conditions for that! I'll continue if there're others who are interested.

Regards,

Reply to
kmlee