5-terminal Capacitor

Heya. I have rescued an older capacitor from a Mobo, of undeterminant origins, and I discovered it (or I should say they) have 5 leads. a

-. 1, 2, 3, 4. I've tried looking it up on the net, but I've had no luck. Maybe someone here can help me?

Wordage on Cap: Siemens German LL LL LL LL B43507-F0687-M

680uFan1 +20/-20% 385V--

-40 . . . +85*C DIN 41268

05.93

I've got it to hold a charge across the 1 --> - leads, but other than that, it's not giving me any hints. Its fairly big, with a 2cm Radius and a 7cm height, which leads me to believe that there is more than one capacitor in there, but hey, if I knew, would I be asking you guys?

Reply to
Christopher Pikula

Christopher Pikula schrieb:

This can was (or is?) a sort of standard package for large electrolytics. Due to its weight, it has additional pins to be soldered into the PCB. There were types with multiple capacities in one can, however this obviously has only one:

680µF an 1 (german; it means 680µF at terminal 1 - against the common negative electrode).

The other three terminals surely are not connected internally.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh
http://www.autometer.de - Elektronik nach Maß.

It is or was a standard Euro package, made by Philips/BD Components and BHC in the UK as well.

If you find the relevant Philips data sheet, it will apply to the Siemens cap as well.

I'll have a look in our data books at the factory later.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

If it is the equivalent, the Philips/BC part is:

2222 053 58681

PCB grid is in the form of four pins as a star with pin 5 off on its own.

If you look at RS part number 107-870 as a means of getting up the catalogue page, there is a set of pinouts at the bottom of that page.

HTH

Peter Peter

Prepair Ltd

Well, that clears all that up. Thanks guys!

Reply to
ChrisPikula