Latest threads in Electronics Computer-Aided Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Pick and place file format.
Does anyone have a specification for a pick and place file ? Any info would be gratefully recieved.
4
4

My lesson for the week, (or how to not lose 3 days trying to get Protel99SE to behave itself)
Christopher, I have never ran into that 255 character limit myself but I am not surprised. I have run into a similar limit of approx. 128 characters for Camtastic 2000 DE usage. In that case you will...
3
3

DXP - What have I pressed?
Hi. I've pressed something I didn't mean to press while I was viewing a PCB layout. Instead of seeing all the layers at once, I can only see the layer that's selected at the bottom of the screen, i.e....
3
3

photo plotter apertures for traces
Does anybody use other than round apertures for traces? Bob
9
9

Hspice to Spice conversion?
Hi, I have a TINA simulator. It requires PSPICE models for import. Fairchild only supplies HSPICE models, which cannot be read by TINA. Is there a way of converting to PSPICE? The other way round...
6
6

Thermal reliefs in plane connections
While checking a layout for a client I saw this for the umpteenth time: Trace connections to a plane via thermal relief, not in a solder area where it would thermally matter. Question: Was it taught...
7
7

New Electronics Company
I set up a business bank account for my electronics business about 6 months ago so far I have been delayed in 'doing' anything electronic and seeing as I am paying =A329 per month for the bank...
9
9

component dimensions
Are the EIA/JDEC dimensional specifications more complete than what is found in the usual manufacturers data base? I know the manufacturers specs are usually quite adequate for board layout but I am...
8
8

OPA277 Spice Model?
Anyone have a current vintage Spice Model for an OPA277? All I can find is a model dated in 1997, and developed using PSpice "Parts" function, which sucks the big lemon :-( ...Jim Thompson
9
9

Eagle 3.51 800x600 video
Okay, I should upgrade, but I just got this problem with Eagle 3.51. I moved to a fast motherboard, still running DOS, but with a Radeon7000 video card. Now all the video drivers that came with Eagle...
12
12

Gerbv-2.0.0 released!
Hello! This is to announce the release of gerbv-2.0.0! Gerbv is an open source Gerber file (RS-274X only) viewer for Linux and other unix flavors. Besides viewing Gerbers, you may also view Excellon...
14
14

how to use eaglecad efficiently ?
I am a hobbyist etcher. i had been using Exress SCH/PCB (a freeware app from an express pcb board shop) a very light app, fast and easy but as one might expect express does not print the top layer...
16
16

For beginners
LT Spice is nice! Here is a link for beginners! Free tutorial!
3
3

is there PTC conflict between ProEngineer and Cadence OrCAD
Is there PTC license conflict between ProEngineer and Cadence OrCAD? We have installed both ProEngineer 2007 WildFire 3 and OrCAD 15 with Cadence license manager in the same XP Dell systems. However,...
5
5

genrate drill file from gerber and fab data
Hi, I need to know whether it is possible to generate .drl file without having PCB layout file? I have all the other Gerber files and Fab drawing in .dwg (AUTOCAD) I have got Aperture definition files...
10
10