Latest threads in Electronics Computer-Aided Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

If you are designing electric motors here's the big one.
Hello, You may not believe in Over Unity, but do you believe in a Squirrel Cage? Here's the whole deal, have fun! THEORY

Any way to export a footprint?
This question is related to an earlier one I posted. The engineer who created the design that I am working on is gone, as is his custom footprint library. Layout has all the footprint information but...
5
5

Hard coded paths in OrCAD
OrCAD has all these hard coded paths embedded in the design files. I hired an engineer to do the initial design of a board and he worked off-site on his own machine. But now that I want to alter the...
2
2

Elementary OrCAD question
I just started with OrCAD and I have been doing pretty well with the help of a book by Kraig Mitzner. But I can't find the way to do a very simple task that must be too obvious to include in the book....
5
5

What these terms of modeling are?
There are some terms of transformer modeling in spice simulation, like below, .SUBCKT 1TO1#0 1 2 3 4 VISRC 9 4 DC 0V FCTRL 6 2 VISRC 1E+0 EVCVS 8 9 5 2 1E+0 RPRI 1 7 1E-1 RSEC 8 3 1E-1 LLEAK 7 5 1E-6...
14
14

Plotter Supplies
REACH Cutter Plotter is an affordable and high-performance cutting and plotting machine. Our time-saving system plots and cuts through a variety of materials including cardboard, white board and brown...
1
1

Does PADS 2007 have real error checking??
Hello All, I am using PADS Logic 2007, and no matter where I look I cannot find a way to run a real ERC to see if there are any unconnected nets or open pins in the finished schematic (is the...
8
8

Edge-cutting Laser Pointer Plus Laser Presenter Boosts User Ability
Price Updated Popular laser pointer now also serves wireless laser presenter with Power Point compatible function delivering high work efficiency. This kind of Laser Pointer with Page Up down Function...

Visionics launches new online Discussion Board for EDWin users
Visionics has launched a new Discussion Board for EDWin users at By joining the free community you may ask questions, obtain answers, and share best practices among other users on a variety of topics...

KiCAD, setting board size
How does one specify "board size" in KiCad ..? When I try to "Autoplace All Modules" all I get is: "No edge PCB, Unknown board size!" I just tested with a simple design.
7
7

New In PCB designing
May i know which is the best tutorial for a begginer like me to enter into PCB designing... U experts please feel free to send all about the tensions, probs, enjoyments, thrills and tutorials to me....
3
3

Eagle: diffrent track size and autocad ?
hello s.e.c :-) Sorry if this has been up before, I have search webpages and usenet thing in search of answere to my problem: I need diffrent track sizes, (for signal and power ect.) I can change it...
10
10

gerber question
In a Gerber file if there are no parameter codes RS274D is a block delimiter required before the first function code? In a Gerber file that contains parameter codes if function codes appear before the...
3
3

Stop OrCAD from changing registry?
Hello, Is there any way to stop OrCAD Capture from changing the registry? It seems convinced that I should open all of my HDL files with a schematic capture program. I think a text editor, simulator,...
8
8

Lt spice: Is there a Freq transfer function (table: frequency, transfer, phase)
I use Lt spice. I want to design an inputfilter for a circuit of which I have: - the transfer function (table: frequency, transfer, phase) - the input impedance as function of frequency (table:...
1
1