Latest threads in Electronics Computer-Aided Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Market for a GenCad .CAD to .DXF convertor?
Is there a market for a GenCad .CAD to .DXF convertor? I've been asked to do a custom job to create a a GenCad .CAD to DXF convertor...in your opinions would there be a market for this in general?...
6
6

Converting Eagle scripts between version 4.16 and version 4.09
Hi, I have drawn up a schematic using the freeware version of Eagle, and I want to share it with a friend who has version 4.09, but it is not compatible. However, he has a fully registered version and...
1
1

Electret micro Spice
Have you an electret micro spice ? I want insert this component in my schematic of Micro-Cap simulator ? In advance, thanks Jac
3
3

Boundary scan
Hallo, I'm looking for a .bsdl file of the Lantronix DSTni-LX controller. I haven't found anything yet on the vendor site. Can anyone help me with this information? regards Oliver Friedrich

Searching for a PCB layout software with embedded resistors
With Protel it isn't possible make a layout with embedded resistors, that means you can design PADs to a resistor not only to top or bottom layer for example for printed resistors on a ceramic...
9
9

Digikey weirdness..
When searching for a component at there's no possibility specify minimum quantity nor price etc.. But RoHS, in stock etc.. is available. Seems they want people to wade through "minimum quantity 2500"...
5
5

Convertig from GenCAD to DXF?
Anybody out there use GenCAD? A customer has asked me to adapt one of my programs to convert from the GenCAD format to the DXF format but it seems strange to me that such a program does not yet exist....

pspice changing time step issue
I have a couple issues I'm having trouble with, I'm using orcad 16 and trying to simulate a simple circuit, it's basically two pulse generators VPULSE each going through a diode... I'm trying to...
14
14

Actual Over Unity Motor Design Theory, build your own
Just remember this, a transformer is designed for a purpose and it can be either a step up transformer or a step down transformer. Everything else you need to know is here. Go to this web site to pick...
1
1

Mimicking PADS or Protel layout software...
Hi all, My question goes to the heart of the low-cost layout software that I would want to purchase (besides its dependability and features!), and that is: Are there any low-cost layout software...
12
12

flood over smt pads in PADS
Hi, My regular cad guy is out sick, so I'm doing a little test board myself. I'm an occasional PADS user. Everything is going OK, except that I want to do a topside copper pour that floods over all...
4
4

inverter from batteries and resistors
Hi, I'm an electronics newbie and for my application it would be very helpful if I could design a circuit just from DC batteries and resistors that would output a sin wave (AC). I don't know if this...
3
3

SPICE opamp model with adjustable slew-rate
Hi. I want to examine the effect of limited slew-rate (real) opamps that I use in diode rectifiers as part of asynchronous amplitude demodulators. Therefor I'm searching for a (spice) opamp model with...
2
2

Efficient Electrothermal Simulation of Power Electronics for Hybrid Electric Vehicle
Hello, A new paper is available online Efficient Electrothermal Simulation of Power Electronics for Hybrid Electric Vehicle Its abstract is An IGBT module is an essential part of any hybrid electric...

Thoughts on AutoTRAX PCB layout software?
Hi All, I am thinking of buying AutoTRAX EDA (not the DOS Protel version!). I have demo'ed virtually every low-cost schematic/layout package* out there, and they all have certain issues -- some quite...
74
74