Latest threads in Electronics Computer-Aided Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Rimu PCB?
Has anyone here used Rimu PCB? I saw it a few years ago ( and it looked like it was quite good for the price, but it now appears that it hasn't been updated in over two years. Darn...
2
2

With Micro-Cap to call a model ?
Hello, I used Micro-Cap9, the good demo version simulateur of Spectrum. My question is about using a model. - I defined the model in file as follow : .model J2N3819 NJF(Beta=1.304m Rd=1 Rs=1...
2
2

Anyone still using FAX?
I've researched it a bit. The cheapest way to receive (only) faxes seems to be to subscribe to a VOIP service that offers fax-to-email as an option. I forget the cost, but it's quite low (much cheaper...
123
123

Not CAD, but usefull. Not sold in UK - pity
I know CAD is the way to go, but sometimes I'd like to physically draw circuits. Nice sets of templates. Pity they are not sold in the UK. :c(
1
1

another PADS question
In PADS v4, suppose we edit a part in the library. In this case, we changed the pcb decal a little. Now we open a board in PCB, and of course the part is the "old" version. How do we tell PCB to...
2
2

Free Spice for Windows with transconductance?
I downloaded the free version of Tina-TI, but have found that it doesn't have the I(U) (transconductance) source available even though it is described in help. I'm modelling vacuum tube amps and need...
3
3

PADS question: document name
Hi, Our long-time PADS guy left to start a new life, and we're breaking in a replacement. It's going well, except for this annoyance: we used an old board as the basis for a new one, with a big ECO,...
27
27

Bwahahahaha! Californicated yet again
Bwahahahaha! Californicated yet again.... ...Jim Thompson

Kicad eeschama: Anyone know how to modify/remove frame?
Still haven't changed CAD programs yet. Kicad eeschema looks best so far but has (or seems to have?) a serious quirk: A frame that looks, ahem, less than professional. Does anyone know how to get rid...
8
8

Gerber file format... Eagle fighting Everprecision
Hi there, I've just acquired a rather nice EverPrecision 2002H PCB plotter, and I'm trying to get Eagle to output the correct form of Gerber files that the plotter understands. I *think* it's the...
2
2

how to import data from matlab to pspice
Hi. I am an engineering student and I have a project to do which envolves working with both matlab and pspice. I read some things about using spice values in matlab but I found nothing in the other...
4
4

[LTSpice IV] Circuit with floating nodes on using relaysw
Your input terminals on the switches are floating. Grounding all the minus input terminals of the switches will solve your floating node issue.
16
16

D.J. Delorie to work on the gEDA open soirce CAD program PCB
See for the story. PCB already seems to be a thoroughly useful printed circuit layout program, and added extra usability can't do any harm at all.
46
46

Build a hobby CNC for PCB milling and general engraving
..The building of a CNC machine is a hobby in itself, but it is the application of CNC toward other hobbies that makes it perhaps the most productive of all possible hobby activities... Continued:

JEDEC file conversions
Hi, I've got my hands on an old design here. I need to convert PEELs from a 22CV10AZ to a 22CV10A+ I'm using WinPLACE, but the built in JEDEC conversion utility hasn't got the 22CV10AZ defined in the...