Latest threads in Electronics Computer-Aided Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Shaped Noise Source (Simulation)
Anyone with experience in creating a shaped noise source for AC analysis/simulation in Spice/PSpice/LTspice? EFREQ in PSpice is a bit of a kluge to use :-( ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO |...
8
8

Test Msg
Testing... -- John Wood (Code 5520) e-mail: Naval Research Laboratory 4555 Overlook Avenue, SW Washington, DC 20375-5337
1
1

Blog about mechanical design, CAD, Inventor, SolidWorks.
Hi! Visit my Blog! Quality information about mechanical design, CAD, Inventor, SolidWorks. Regards, Rodrigo Minatto

Through hole components -- drill size
Does anyone know of a chart on the web somewhere that has common components and their associated "common" drill size? example -- 1/4 watt resistor .028 etc? I'm setting up some custom components in my...
3
3

Mixed-Signal, Bipolar vs CMOS
Mixed-Signal, Bipolar vs CMOS.... ?nl=1 ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | Phoenix,...
26
26

White LED Spice Model
Here's a white LED Spice model that I created by fitting to data points of a real device. Unfortunately I've misplaced which actual device number it was :-(...
9
9

PSP files for SPICE subcircuits
Just curious: Avago uses files ending on *.psp which used to be PaintShop files. But it's text files, with some weird characters added in there that SPICE will barf upon. Anybody know why they did...
34
34

Does anyone make....
Does anyone make such an after-market hands-free device for cell phones, for automotive use... Speakerphone style preferred. Doesn't have to be Bluetooth... I have no problem plugging it into my...
10
10

Cheap Sheet Metal brake
I need a CHEAP sheet metal brake for some hobby projects. Up to 24" would be nice. Anyone have experiences/recommendations? Thanks! ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog...
18
18

Altium Designer newsgroup
Hi, Well first that I saw this newsgroup I thought well it should be about electronics CAD and EDAs but after I read the messages, I couldn't find many related posts. I'm working with Altium Designer...
1
1

Circuit Challenge of the Day
Circuit Challenge of the Day The following circuit... is a ramp generator. It is easy to see how the upper trip point circuitry causes discharge of the ramp. But what causes the turn-around at the...
13
13

What do you call it...
What do you call it... Join two 1/4" rods with a sleeve that has set screws? And where do you get it? Thanks! ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | |...
9
9

I have a macro ;-)
I have a trivial macro that automatically pares levels of replies. Choose how many >>>>...>'s you want to be rid of (use ctrl-F, then cancel), then let 'er rip. Works in Agent composition window,...
1
1

Doesn't anyone make....
Doesn't anyone make cable clips that can be screwed down? I need to route cabling under a cabinet made of particle board. The stick-on clips hold only a few days, then let go :-( ...Jim Thompson -- |...
31
31

For amusement
Just did this on a CMOS chip design to DC restore video and separate Coaxitron UTC signals. Then it hit me, you can do a DC restorer and sync separator in similar fashion with ordinary LM339's......
15
15