Latest threads in Electronics Computer-Aided Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Geda/ngspice scr model lacking
Does anybody know how to get a SCR model in Geda/ngspice? I want to model forced commutation circuits since I don't really have the means to experiment much with real components and I want my design...

Punch-down Block Wire Gauge
What is the standard wire gauge used for telephone style punch-down blocks? I'm guessing #22 solid, but I have nothing that small on hand ;-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | |...
12
12

New 555 Spice Model
Got annoyed at the flaky 555 models that are out there, so I rolled my own... Based on old AMI 20V CMOS device models, mostly form/fit/function with CMOS, but some behavioral on the front-end where it...
15
15

Pulse Stretcher
I need a 10 SECOND pulse stretcher! I vaguely recall doing that using a counter, but can't recall the details. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | |...
29
29

Logic Question
An XOR is a convenient structure to allow a control signal to invert or non-invert another signal. Trouble is (as classically done) inverting has 3 stage delays, while non-inverting has only 2. Anyone...
50
50

New Spice simulation community
Hi, we are creating a community of electronic design and simulation for users of different types of SPICE, PSpice, LTspice, Altium Designer,B2 Spice, ICAP/4, TINA, Proteus, Ni- Multisim, Micro-Cap and...

Parts Bin
Finally got around to re-indexing my G-job parts bin (lost the piece of paper a few years ago ;-) ..... There's some stuff there that I no longer recognize what it does ;-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James...
7
7

Spice Issue: Current for in a RC Circuit with Sinusoidal Source
Hi, I am simulating the circuit given below using PSpice Student version and ngspice. A Capacitor Connected Across a Sinusoidal Source * vin 1 0 sin(0 1 1K 0 0 0) R1 1 2 1 C1 2 0 0.1m * .tran 1us 2m...
4
4

Inexpensive airlift pump
I've been working on schematics for a new project, but came across a problem. Does anyone know how to make an inexpensive water pump? I've been thinking about trying to use pvc pipes with a compressed...

Piezo capacitance
Anyone have good guess for the capacitance of a 1" diameter piezo disk? Likewise, how much capacitance in around 100' of typical telephone twisted pair? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO |...
11
11

RJ11 Jack, Panel-mount, ROUND HOLE
RJ11 Jack, Panel-mount, ROUND HOLE Does such a thing exist? I'm not much good at cutting square holes in panels ;-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et...
73
73

Flex PCB questions
Hi Group, I am in design process of a 12 layer board. This is first time i need to design embedded flex pcb for my design. This board requires a two layer flex pcb which is embedded in some of the...
7
7

Digital Synchronization Question
Digital Guys, Please refresh my mind as to bringing in an unsynchronized signal into a system without incurring meta-stability. I vaguely remember a two-rank D-flop scheme, but can't find my notes....
10
10

DP3T Switch?
I can't seem to locate a DP3T switch, toggle or slide that has ON-ON-ON All I can find is ON-OFF-ON types :-( Can someone point me to a source? (Cheap at one-off :-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James...
29
29

Quiet a Piezo Transducer
In a typical piezo (noise maker) transducer, will a series R knock down the amplitude? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal...
8
8