Latest threads in Electronics Computer-Aided Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

DSS5220V (Diodes/Zetex) Spice Model ???
Anyone have a Spice model for... DSS5220V (Diodes/Zetex) ??? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems |...
2
2

Spice Model Problems?
I'm honing my Spice modeling skills and need some suggestions of devices whose manufacturer-provided Spice model doesn't match reality very well, or has serious issues. I'll try my hand at modeling...
18
18

What the frick...
What the frick... Every time I boot up the laptop I get: "Windowsapplication1 has encountered a problem and needs to close" Annoying but seems to not be a problem otherwise. Anyone know the cause?...
18
18

OT: Best Source for memory?
I want to bump up the memory in my Lenovo ThinkPad X61s from 2GB to 4GB. Who are the most reliable sources from which to buy memory? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog...
6
6

Numerical Optimizer (Solver) for LTSpice IV
Hi, As you know many spice simulators these has built-in solvers. LTSpice IV ha= s no built-in solver but I have written an external one. It automatically = adjusts component values to meet circuit...

Sheeeesh! A new problem every minute...
Sheeeesh! A new problem every minute... My venerable OfficeJet Pro K850 (Tabloid, 11"x17") refuses to print, with some hp crap message that the cartridges have timed-out :-( Anyone know a hack? A new...
24
24

Cell Phone <=> USB <=> Address Book
My old LG "The V" cell phone finally croaked, so I have a new LG VN251. I'm looking for _good_ software to talk to the phone for address book management and photo retrieval. Any recommendations? I had...
3
3

Artefact in the John Chad model of a hysteretic inductor in LTSpice
I've used this model to simulate a real - gapped - inductor in a test circuit, and it seems to work. In a more complete simulation, it seems to inject 1mA current steps from time to time - my...
7
7

NEWBIE: Need help to create a 3d image and animation
Folks, I have basic concepts of mechanical drawing. I can accurately draw elementary shapes on a 2d place (top view/side view etc.) Is there a rather simple software which can take my 2d drawings and...

Spice Modeling Resistors with Distributed Capacitance
I've encountered a Spice model problem with SilTerra high resistivity poly resistors... They model the distributed capacitance by lumping 1/2 of it on each END of the total resistance, rather than a...
8
8

proximity sensor for a torch
Dear friends, I need to make a led light that turns on when someone is near. The PIR sensors suits this application very well but are about 10$ in price. Can someone tell me a low cost solution for...

I would like to simulate & lay out a circuit by hand (10 xtor maybe?)
I am not an IC designer but I would like to, for fun, simulate and lay out a circuit by hand that I can actually understand. To get a head start, where do you suggest I find a small (ten, maybe twenty...

OT: Easel Question
Does there exist an "easel" that would solve my problem... Propping paper drawings between monitor and Function keys of keyboard is unstable :-( Perhaps someone makes something? ...Jim Thompson -- |...
19
19

2W LED Driver circuit using ZXSC310
Dear friends, I have to design a circuit which has to run on 5V/2A power source. In this circuit i have to run 1,2 or 3 LEDs (to make 2W led power). I have found ZXSC310 IC. But i am not sure if the...
1
1

NC7S04 Spice Model
Anyone have a non-encrypted Spice model for an NC7S04? All I can find is an encrypted HSpice version, which will run only on HSpice. (A client needs it for Cadence tools.) ...Jim Thompson -- | James...
3
3