Why'd my LEDs pop?

"Alan Rutlidge"

Reply to
Michael C

Alan Rutlidge

For a "fraction" greanter than 1 I have measured values of "instantly" exceeding 30 minutes and "roofs" below 150mA

I hooked a cheap, crappy red LED across my pc's 5V bus with a miliammeter in series, current readings started at 145mA and after half an hour have dropped to around 94mA. the LED is hot to touch, but no scorcher.

I have heard reports of LEDs operating for days with a 5v supply.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

after just over an hour it died open circuit. (with a 20A PSU behind it I wasn't expecting it to go the other way)

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Must be close to the truth to get such a strong denial. :-)

Michael

Reply to
Michael C