Traffic Lights...

Pedestrian rules in NY city work something like this:

For pedestrians:

1) Green = walk. 2) Red = walk.

Rules for Yellow Cabs approx. one block away, approaching an intersection displaying a green signal.

1) Honk horn. 2) Speed up.

Action by pedestrians if a Cab is honking, and you are walking on a red:

1) Locals, RUN FAST! 2) Visitors, or little old ladies, don't worry, your dead.

Took me a while to work out why a city is full of honking horns. This is the only way they can move so many pedestrians.

:-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Crystal clear, super bright OLED LCD (128x128) for your microcontroller.
Simple serial RX/TX interface. Many memory sizes.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16460

No More Damn Spam: http://www.wizard-of-oz.com
Reply to
Don McKenzie

A NY cab ride is certainly an "experience", I learned real quick what the handle above your head is for!

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

the ejection seat :-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Crystal clear, super bright OLED LCD (128x128) for your microcontroller.
Simple serial RX/TX interface. Many memory sizes.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16460

No More Damn Spam: http://www.wizard-of-oz.com
Reply to
Don McKenzie

In a NY cab, no one can hear you scream.

Now London cabs on the other hand are ones of life's little pleasures.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones