The New Ipod

And every news program has a segment on the new Ipod.

So it plays videos big deal. There's half a dozen other media players out there on the market that do exactly the same thing, and with bigger screens so why does Apple get mass coverage?

Reply to
John

because they rawk. Apple rawk, it is the shit.

Reply to
Fuzzy Wuzzy

Because they have had the marketing nous to make their product a cultural icon with a profile far in excess of competitive products.

-- damnfine

Reply to
The Group Moderator

*Alleged* "cultural icon". I don't even know what an iPod does. It's just some "digital" crap that young people force their parents to waste money on. Fools and their money are easily parted.
Reply to
Wolfgang Wildeblood

I doubt confessing to being a total moron will do much to prove your point.

--
damnfine
Reply to

But does it come with a lanyard?

Reply to
SSS

Yeah and a t-shirt with "ROB THIS IDIOT" printed on the back. :-)

-- damnfine

Reply to
The Group Moderator

I don't think claiming to be "The Group Moderator" of an unmoderated group is actually conclusive proof that you're a total moron. More likely you're just a wanker.

Reply to
Wolfgang Wildeblood

lol! If your name's not Rob can you get a custom shirt with your own name on it?

Reply to
SSS

I believe 'Rob' was a verb.

-Andrew M

it?

Reply to
Andrew M

Oh, I'm not claiming to be The Group Moderator. I'm just demonstrating a point.

-- damnfine

Reply to
The Group Moderator

Whoops, sorry Andrew. I forgot one of these ;)

Reply to
SSS

Oh, Soixante been talking to herselves again, has she?

Reply to
Wolfgang Wildeblood

Quite possibly, but that doesn't have much to do with me.

Incidentally, it's himselves.

-- damnfine

Reply to
The Group Moderator

The massive takeup of these iThings in the US was very apparent when over there last week. Probably about 90% of people with headphones had the telltale white cables (yes, apparently there are companies out there selling white earplugs so those without iThings don't feel left out...).. Just look at Apple shares recently, thru the roof... Regards

-- Tonymy01

for Topfield TAPS, links etc.

Reply to
tonymy01

LOL good to see the Apple forge a cottage industry in headphones :)

I forgot to say that in the very same news broadcast on 10 at least they also made mention of a 10% drop in Apple shares

Reply to
John

Incidentally, you're wrong about that.

Reply to
Horace Wachope

Prove it.

--
damnfine
Reply to

My wife said " Isn't it just a small portable TV?"

Well, er.... Yes.

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics