Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- Nomad MP3
June 16, 2005, 3:43 am
rate this thread
Re: Question - How do I convert dBm into miniVolts?
Phil's answer is correct. you are on the right track, but have made
1) its power, so dBm = 10log(P/1mW) - you used 20log... which is correct
for voltage or current.
so you should have used 10^(15/10)*1mW = 31.6 *mW*
2) you have ignored the mW scalar, 1/1000
so you should have used 10^(15/10)*1/1000 = 0.0316 W
3) your 2* is wrong, *and* shouldnt be inside the square root.
= Phils 1.257V, which is the RMS voltage required
across 50 Ohms to generate 31.6mW = 15dBm
multiply by sqrt(2) to convert to 1.778 Volts peak
double it to get 3.556Vpp
- » how to get Zoom audio to work with Pi 4B in Chromium
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Raspberry Pi Group