OT GW

The scam is unraveling! Too late for the iniquitous tax, the gubmint skulduggery is being unearthed bit by bit if they do not watch out they may end up in history as the most ridiculed and hated Gubmint ever.

Reply to
F Murtz

Too late. They already are.

Reply to
lindsay

**What "scam" would that be?

Don't forget your peer-reviewed science. Failure to present it will result in you being called a laughing stock

Too late for the iniquitous tax, the gubmint

**Thanks to Tony Abbott, Alan Jones, Bolt, et al, they already are. Sadly, they're no better nor worse than any government that preceeded them.

-- Trevor Wilson

Trevor Wilson

It appears that some of the predictions based on this peer reviewed science may not be backed up by evidence and fact.

Reply to
F Murtz

you misspelt 99% but we knew that tweva is full of s**te

--

Reply to
atec77

In fact they're hopelessly inept compared to those before them, whether it be pink bats, climate change, live cattle exports, the Malaysian solution or Craig Thomson. Being beholden to the Green Slime hasn't helped. Theirs has to be one of the most spectacular crashes in Australian political history.

And of course the wealth distribution tax will do absolutely nothing to counter GW, which they knew all along.

--
John H
Reply to

The Global Warming one.

The one were most of the "credible" scientists in England who have been associated with it for a number of years are now largely in hiding after it was recently revealed that their modelling was wrong (and they knew it) and that their principal objective was to scare the shit out of the public to ensure continued funding.

Feel free to call me a laughing stock Trev. When you have people like Bob Brown on your side I piss my pants all day long :)

If Abbott lives up to his promise of abolishing the Carbon Tax when he takes office at the next election he'll be better than most.

--
Regards,
Noddy.

I would have thought it'd be *the* most spectacular. Even Labor party members are talking about the party being eradicated.

Of course.

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Its wonderful to watch isnt it !

This filthy dirty lowlife Carbon tax / GW scam, Potentially probably history's greatest ever theft of private property rights, theft of the fruits of our own labor, and the removal of our right to travel, and to even exist, or have future generations, not to mention the corruption and total RAPE of the one time dignity and integrity of the institution that is science, that (when not in evil hands) has done so much for mankind and the world .

This scam was a huge hit to humanity itself and just about everything it had achieved. Its so good to see the tide turning, but the battle is not over yet. We need to see the scum behind it being shown to cells and gallows for this crime against humanity.

Reply to
kreed

Quoting from 2268.txt of the Climategate files:

\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | For every complex problem there is an
 X   against HTML mail     | answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.
/ \  and postings          |  --HL Mencken
Reply to
Bernd Felsche

**Again: Citing Alan Jones as some kind of credible scientific source is hardly appropriate. When the guys at CSIRO, NASA, The Australian Academy of Science, the US National Academy of Science, the UK Met, The Australian BoM, The French Academy of Science, the German Academy of Science, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Royal Society of Canada, Royal Danish Acadeny of Sciences and Letters, The Finnish Academy of Sciences and Letters, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Russian Academy of Sciences, Royal Society of Scotland, Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, et al. When all these guys (and a many more SCIENTIFIC organisations) tell us that AGW is a "scam", then and only then, will I sit up and take notice.

I'll say again: Alan Jones, Andrew Bolt, George Pell and yourself, have zero credibility as climatologists.

**Really? Of are you just accepting some out of context words, from people who have a financial gain in perpetuating the digging up of fossil fuels?
**Make no mistake: Bob Brown is a politician. Bob Brown is NOT a climatologist. I don't listen to Bob Brown. I listen to the scientists. You listen to shock jocks. Wanna bet on who is right?
**Abbott has promised to eliminate a tax that will cost the average punter less than $0.30/week. His tax will extract taxpayer funds and give it to large companies in the hope that they will spend it wisely. Abbott's tax will increase the size of the public service by many thousands. Taxes will rise to accomodate his increased spending.

You tell me why you think that Abbott's completely discredited scheme makes any sense at all. Are you an economist too? All the economists have stated that Abbott's scheme will be costly and doomed to failure, whereas the government's scheme will be relatively modestly priced and will work. In fact, the government's scheme will likely have less than

25% of the impact on the economy that GST did. Did the GST destroy the Australian economy? Why would you imagine that a scheme which has a far smaller effect than the GST will cause the Australian economy any serious effects?

-- Trevor Wilson

Trevor Wilson

**Your inability to provide peer-reviewed science to back your claim is duly noted. You know what you are.

-- Trevor Wilson

Trevor Wilson

**What the f*ck are you smoking? Where do you get this crap from? The Alan Jones school of debate? It seems that in the abscence of science, you resort to complete and utter bullshit. The facts are blindingly simple:
  • The planet is warming at a faster rate than at any time in the last
600,000 years.
  • Oil is running out. If we have not already hit 'peak oil', then we're not far from it.
  • At our present rate of use, the planet's resources will be depleted within a few hundred years.

**What "scam"? Please present your peer-reviewed science to support your notion of this alleged scam you refer to.

Its so good to see the tide turning, but the battle

**Popular opinion is not scientific fact. It's just the opinion of a bunch of people who don't have a clue. Much like yourself.

We need to see the scum behind it being shown to

**Why? Because they cite the facts? Yeah, that's the Catholic Church's answer. Remember Gallileo. Never forget the ignorance of the masses and the Catholic Church.

-- Trevor Wilson

Trevor Wilson

Oh dear, another one.

Reply to
Clocky

Out of context? Jesus Trev....

The issue has become a *major* embarrassment for the IPCC, to the point where it's now being called "Climategate".

Your blind faith is absolutely staggering Trevor, and to the point where it makes your criticism of religious fanatics look incredibly ironic.

Absolute bullshit Trevor.

There is no way *anyone* can accurately predict the effects of such a tax on the average Joe, as it will be some time *after* the scheme is up and running that the true cost will become known.

Moreover, what largely remains *unknown* is what this new tax is going to achieve. I mean, it's not just a case of introducing a tax just for the sake of it, right? It's actually going towards *something* that will make a difference to the environment, isn't it?

Uh-huh...

Which economists would these people be?

I don't support either plan Trev, but all I've seen of Gillard's plan in the mass media is universal condemnation from business groups, the financial sector and the public at large. The general consensus seems to be that the tax is *way* out of proportion to the environmental effects that will be achieved (assuming for the sake of the argument that those targets will actually be met).

The other unappealing point of the Gillard plan is that with those polluting businesses who will be subject to the tax being allowed to pass their increased costs onto the consumer there is absolutely *no* incentive whatsoever for them to lift a finger to do anything about cleaning up their acts. If that does indeed become the case, the net result will be increased costs all round with no impact on the environment at all.

Maybe you could explain to me how you see this as a *good* thing?

Not really an accurate comparison Trev, as the GST was a streamlining of an existing tax system. Not an across the board increase per se'. Under the GST, some things actually got cheaper.

The Carbon Tax will just add cost to everything.

"Serious effects" are your words, not mine.

I don't expect the impact will be huge, but I expect it will be largely ineffective with the impact on the environment being so small it'd be impossible to measure even if the plan works exactly as designed.

In other words, I think it'll be *very* poor value for money.

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Not that this will change you mind on any of this, but something worth viewing nonetheless:

Torrent:

Jeßus

The only thing amusing is watching fools like you trying to wish scientific evidence away.

Climategate is nothing more than taking private comments completely out of context and presenting them in deceptive ways.

You should really be questioning those who would do such things to the detriment of mankind. Perhaps they are the ones with a hidden agenda and you are just foolishly being used as a tool to benefit them.

Reply to
Clocky

If Abbott lives up to his promise of abolishing the Carbon Tax when he takes office at the next election he'll be better than most. ====================================================================== The only word of truth here is "if". Let go of it Noddy, just for a change. Fuck me, what a pair of tools, you and Abbott. Even his own predecessors in the Tories are deserting themselves from his ridiculous statements. The one he stabbed would get my vote, not this sanctimonious f****it. DAVO

Reply to
<joe

[...]

================================================================= Post of 2012 Trev. Absolutely spot on in every respect mate.

Cheers DAVO

Reply to
<joe

Ah boy.... :)

Uh-huh....

So, when Professor Phil J "I can't see either being in the next Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report. Kevin [Trenberth] and I will keep them out somehow ? even if we have to redefine what the peer-review literature is!"

He clearly *didn't* have an agenda and was being as honest and open as he possibly could be. Right?

The problem with all you pro climate change nutbags is that for some bizarre reason you believe that just because someone wears a white lab coat and calls themselves a "scientist" that they are automatically a person of the highest moral standard and couldn't *possibly* be acting in their own self interest.

--
Regards,
Noddy.