OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then ôChargeö it in Microwave

Love it:

http://theantimedia.org/consumers-wait-line-buy-new-iphone-charge-microwave/

ability to think for themselves, Apple iPhone users were duped by
4-Chan (thanks guys, seriously) into placing their new phones, which
retail for about $650, into the microwave.

4chan basically created an ad that told people that microwaving their
phone for about a minute would charge it, and people believed it. The

Image credit: Twitter Without getting too deep into the intricacies of

cannot microwave items that contain metal.

aside the fact that the individual was able to post to Twitter, we can
safely assume that if you were willing to place your phone in a
microwave, your communications were probably not a huge loss to

going to phone in the cure for AIDS or bring peace between warring
nations."

Re: OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then "C harge" it in Microwave

You can microwave items that contain metal, al foil is routinely
used in microwaves to stop some stuff like the end of drumsticks
from getting burnt.

Re: OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then "Charge" it in Microwave

You can with certain considerations.

Not sure under what consideration would make you think that placing an
iPhone in a microwave would be fine.

Re: OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then "Charge" it in Microwave

Read it on the internets so it must be true.

Re: OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then ?Charge? it in Microwave

Hehehe, dumbarses.

Like this dickhead (or Apple stooge?) in Perth supposedly the first to
buy an iPhone 6 in Australia ,which everyone has probably seen by now,
but anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjaxxC2bys0

Re: OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then ?Charge? it in Microwave

Maybe its lucky that its difficult to put your head in a microwave and
turn it on....

Re: OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then ?Charge? it in Microwave

ROTFL :)

Iphone users are knobs anyway :)

Noddy.

Re: OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then ?Charge? it in Microwave

Taking the piss out of apple fanbois is rather like kicking cripples.

Re: OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then ?Charge? it in Microwave

So, what model Iphone do you have? :)

Noddy.

Re: OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then ?Charge? it in Microwave
[...]

  Ah, I see what the problem is! What you think is the phone's cover is
actually the previous owner's hat!

[No (?) offense meant to your son & daughter in law, they apparently
already have it hard enough as it is!]

Re: OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then ?Charge? it in Microwave

There's a few Windows and Linux offerings that don't randomly move shit
around on the filesystem but are still capable of generating a 'library'
and playlists at least, but yeah, last I looked nobody had figured out a
way to do it that didn't suck.

Indeed - My collection is managed/arranged just fine - alphabetically
on the bookshelves in the spare room :-)

Re: OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then ?Charge? it in Microwave

I've tried all sorts of HTPC and audio software that make things look
'pretty' and does all sorts of fancy things - but quite simply
Explorer does everything I need or want quickly and easily, whereas
all the purpose designed software I've tried simply gets in my way all
the time.

So are my CDs and DVDs, apart for a couple dozen crates of vinyl. One
day I'll have my music room built and it'll be another story then.

Re: OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then ?Charge? it in Microwave

My "new" media machine uses VLC & Explorer. I do have a remote for WMP but
that program is a PITA.

Re: OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then ?Charge? it in Microwave

I went through all the HTPC thing, looked at a lot of interesting
purpose-built hardware too - but in the end I still prefer using
Explorer, Foobar, VLC and MPC. Does everything I need.

Re: OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then ?Charge? it in Microwave

Try "MediaMonkey." It takes the best features of iTunes without any of the
crappy ones, doesn't move anything around, and can "sync" with anything that
presents itself as a storage device (as well as iThingies, if you're that
way inclined).

Admittedly the full-blown version costs, but the freeware version is more
than ample for most use.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

Re: OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then ?Charge? it in Microwave
On Sun, 12 Oct 2014 19:00:03 +1100, "Bob Milutinovic"

Thanks for that. It sounds familiar, but I will check it out.

Re: OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then ?Charge? it in Microwave

Main thing nothing still does properly is keep track of where
you have got to in each piece of media so that you don't have
to watch it in its entirety and can come back to it again later.

Almost everything except the Adobe reader does that
with ebooks, but almost nothing does that with videos.

Re: OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then ?Charge? it in Microwave
On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 06:50:18 +1100, Rod Speed blathered on in:

New record.
I agree with R. Speed twice in one calendar year!!

--
Toby

Re: OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then ?Charge? it in Microwave

Only one I've found that does do that is Bsplayer, but it's not free.
You right click on the video and select "add bookmark". Then you can use
the right click again to select the bookmark you want to go to.
I wish VLC would add this feature...

Re: OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then ?Charge? it in Microwave

Roxio Cineplayer does in theory but it doesn't work with most files.

I think its better to keep track of where you got up to automatically
when you leave the file without getting to the end and then start at
that place again if you play that file again. Cineplayer does ask you
if you want to start at the place you left, but I think its better to at
least be able to configure it to start at the last place auto so you
can just return to the start manually if you don't want to do that.

But Cineplayer has lots of other downsides and doesn't do anything
like as well as VLC.

DVRview also does it that way, but wont even play all
DVR-MS files, particularly the HD free to air TV channels.

Yeah, it's the only thing I really miss with VLC and is the
only reason I don't use it for everything. I keep forgetting
to suggest that they add that, maybe there is a reason why
they have decided not to. I keep forgetting to check that too.

Maybe they cant work out a good way to keep the last watched
place details.

Site Timeline