OT: Consumers Wait in Line to Buy New iPhone then “Charge” it in Microwave

Love it:

ability to think for themselves, Apple iPhone users were duped by

4-Chan (thanks guys, seriously) into placing their new phones, which retail for about $650, into the microwave.

4chan basically created an ad that told people that microwaving their phone for about a minute would charge it, and people believed it. The

Image credit: Twitter Without getting too deep into the intricacies of

cannot microwave items that contain metal.

aside the fact that the individual was able to post to Twitter, we can safely assume that if you were willing to place your phone in a microwave, your communications were probably not a huge loss to

going to phone in the cure for AIDS or bring peace between warring nations."

Reply to
Jeßus

You can microwave items that contain metal, al foil is routinely used in microwaves to stop some stuff like the end of drumsticks from getting burnt.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Hehehe, dumbarses.

Like this d*****ad (or Apple stooge?) in Perth supposedly the first to buy an iPhone 6 in Australia ,which everyone has probably seen by now, but anyway...

Clocky

Maybe its lucky that its difficult to put your head in a microwave and turn it on....

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

ROTFL :)

Iphone users are knobs anyway :)

Regards,
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Noddy

You can with certain considerations.

Not sure under what consideration would make you think that placing an iPhone in a microwave would be fine.

Reply to
Clocky

Read it on the internets so it must be true.

Reply to
keithr

Taking the piss out of apple fanbois is rather like kicking cripples.

Reply to
keithr

So, what model Iphone do you have? :)

Regards,
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Noddy

SG1 wrote: [...]

Ah, I see what the problem is! What you think is the phone's cover is actually the previous owner's hat!

[No (?) offense meant to your son & daughter in law, they apparently already have it hard enough as it is!]
Reply to
Frank Slootweg

There's a few Windows and Linux offerings that don't randomly move shit around on the filesystem but are still capable of generating a 'library' and playlists at least, but yeah, last I looked nobody had figured out a way to do it that didn't suck.

Indeed - My collection is managed/arranged just fine - alphabetically on the bookshelves in the spare room :-)

Andy

I've tried all sorts of HTPC and audio software that make things look 'pretty' and does all sorts of fancy things - but quite simply Explorer does everything I need or want quickly and easily, whereas all the purpose designed software I've tried simply gets in my way all the time.

So are my CDs and DVDs, apart for a couple dozen crates of vinyl. One day I'll have my music room built and it'll be another story then.

Reply to
Jeßus

My "new" media machine uses VLC & Explorer. I do have a remote for WMP but that program is a PITA.

Reply to
SG1

I went through all the HTPC thing, looked at a lot of interesting purpose-built hardware too - but in the end I still prefer using Explorer, Foobar, VLC and MPC. Does everything I need.

Reply to
Jeßus

Try "MediaMonkey." It takes the best features of iTunes without any of the crappy ones, doesn't move anything around, and can "sync" with anything that presents itself as a storage device (as well as iThingies, if you're that way inclined).

Admittedly the full-blown version costs, but the freeware version is more than ample for most use.

Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom
Reply to
Bob Milutinovic

Main thing nothing still does properly is keep track of where you have got to in each piece of media so that you don't have to watch it in its entirety and can come back to it again later.

Almost everything except the Adobe reader does that with ebooks, but almost nothing does that with videos.

Reply to
Rod Speed

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 06:50:18 +1100, Rod Speed blathered on in:

New record. I agree with R. Speed twice in one calendar year!!

--
Toby
Reply to

Only one I've found that does do that is Bsplayer, but it's not free. You right click on the video and select "add bookmark". Then you can use the right click again to select the bookmark you want to go to. I wish VLC would add this feature...

Reply to
JW

JW wrote

Roxio Cineplayer does in theory but it doesn't work with most files.

I think its better to keep track of where you got up to automatically when you leave the file without getting to the end and then start at that place again if you play that file again. Cineplayer does ask you if you want to start at the place you left, but I think its better to at least be able to configure it to start at the last place auto so you can just return to the start manually if you don't want to do that.

But Cineplayer has lots of other downsides and doesn't do anything like as well as VLC.

DVRview also does it that way, but wont even play all DVR-MS files, particularly the HD free to air TV channels.

Yeah, it's the only thing I really miss with VLC and is the only reason I don't use it for everything. I keep forgetting to suggest that they add that, maybe there is a reason why they have decided not to. I keep forgetting to check that too.

Maybe they cant work out a good way to keep the last watched place details.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Rod Speed wrote

Just done that.

I have now, no sign of anyone even suggesting that that I can see with a quick look.

Looks more likely it hasn't even been considered which wouldn't be surprising given how few players can do that.

Reply to
Rod Speed