OT can anyone recommend a freight company

Recently won an Ebay auction for a lathe chuck weighing 20Kg which by the time it's put in a pine box will be over Australia Post's

20Kg limit for parcels. Can anyone recommend a freight company that has a not too extortionate rate ~$70 for such an item?.

TIA Mark

Reply to
Mark Harriss

from where to where ?

Reply to
KR

I know of one that would fit the bill inter-capital, but there is NO WAY I would recommend them even to my enemies. Northline.

Reply to
who where

From Launceston to Cairns. I just spoke to my friend and he's been able to remove the useless steel backing plate which has cut the weight to well under 20Kg so it'll go via Post now.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

Thanks for the tip

Reply to
Mark Harriss

**ANYONE but TNT. Absolutely any company will do a better job.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Hi, try the following e-go.com.au hunter express pack and send

I think e-go are a retail outlet of hunter.

Greg

Reply to
gcd

**I second e-go. I just had a 40kg package shipped from Sydney to Cairns. It was slow (6 days), but it arrived safe and secure. Oh yeah, e-go are exceptionally competitive price-wise. Just don't expect instant service.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Ok, e-go it is, thanks guys!. I'll let you know how things go.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

can you get the seller to remove the jaws and ship them in a separate box?

OTOH: why do you need a pine box, it's not like it's fragile. brown paper and twine are all that should be needed.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Australia Post is famous for damaging parcels with it's conveyor belts dropping parcels onto the ground and a 20kg cast iron chuck will fret through brown paper and twine in no time, not to mention getting damaged beyond repair the first time it get dropped on a jaw and smacks into the internal scroll plate.

So far Lathe chucks in wood boxes have survived with minimal damage via post even if some of the wood was splintered.

I'd mentioned in an earlier post that the sender has removed the steel adapter plate (unusable to me)at the back which has brought it under 20 kg.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

In article , snipped-for-privacy@deletemelbnospam.iimetro.com.au said... : :Hi, :try the following :e-go.com.au :hunter express :pack and send

Pack and Send's prices are completely unviable. I was quoted approx. $140 to send a 16 element UHF yagi from NSW to QLD. You'd probably be better off booking a return flight ticket and picking it up yourself!

Reply to
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Je=DFus?=

That was one of my options too.

Reply to