Liberal members readying for another attack on gun owners

Over on the Liberal Party website, there a discussion about gun laws.

One of the Liberal stooges has just posted this

"We were so close in 1996 if it wasn=92t for a couple of states without registration we could have called them all in then. Now of course we have to wait for another incident like Port Arthur before we can be free of this menace."

Doesn't that speak volumes.

Reply to
John-Melb

Hmm, so it's ok for you to blunder around aus.politics.guns sprouting you "poor little fragile Johny baby" bullshit, but it's not OK for me to reply via aus.electronics?

Just like it's OK for your dear friend Wilson to post his anti-gun and anti-gun owner rants on aus.electronics, but not OK for any alternative viewpoint to appear.

Bad luck about that.

Reply to
John-Melb

Gee, thanks for giving me your permission.

What are my aims? and it's nice to know you classify anything posted by a "pro-gun" poster as "irrelevant crap".

Who have I purported to represent?

Reply to
John-Melb

The Liberal Party's actions spoke louder than their words.

You'd have to wonder what any Australian gun owner who votes Liberal, or Nationals for that matter, would be using for brains.

Charles L

Reply to
Charles L

Oh look, isn't that sweet, another aus.electronics idiot who didn't have a problem with Trivial Trevor's anti-gun and anti-gun-owner venom and vitriol being posted on aus.electronics, but get's all upset when alternative viewpoint appears. Away you go Royston, tell me how TW is one of you long standing and highly respected posters over on aus.electronics and how "rednecks" like me don't have the same right to be heard as he does. Let me know how you believe you have the right to tell me where I can and cannot post, and how the fact there's and anti-gun and anti-gunowner bigot posting his diatribe there is totally irrelelvant to wether or not others with differing views should be heard there. You people truely disgust me.

Reply to
John-Melb

Since when do I have to justify anything to you? It wasn't a "single poster" who objected to my posts but had no criticism of TW's, I seem to recall it was a number of them, you're just one of the more persistant.

Why, because I demand the same right to be heard that you allow an anti-gun and anti-gunowner zealot ?

Reply to
John-Melb

of

Yeah, right, how is Dorothy by the way?

That's right, a number told me to piss off, but were quite content to have Trevor's anti-gun and anti-gun owner rants appearing, funny about that.

Used the term before, you're obviously to ignorant to notice, do you disagree with my description?

Those people didn't have a problem with Trevor's anti-gun and anti-gun owner rants appearing in "their" little corner of Usenet, but got all upset when an alternative viewpoint appeared. They don't believe that a gun owner should have the same rights, such as freedom of speech, as some anti-gun zealot. They clearly classify gun owners as some sort of second class person. Don't expect me to like it.

No, why, because I demand the same freedoms "King Keefy" is prepared to allow others?

Reply to
John-Melb

can

ion of

em

ur

,
John-Melb

Not noticing any criticism either, apart from the chanting of a few idiots on aus.electronics earlier in our discussions.

Tell me Keefy, why are my "methods" so offensive to you, why is it that you (and others on aus.electronics) didn't have an issue with Trevors regular anti-gun and anti-gun owner diatribes appearing, but got all upset when an alternative viewpoint went up?

What gives you the right to tell me to "piss off" whilst being so accepting of Trevor's little diatribes?

Reply to
John-Melb

No, I suffered no personal sleight, but I believe what has happened here is a very good demonstration of the open hostility towards law abiding firearms owners from some segments of our society, and will contiue to use the example to demonstrate this.

Just to remind you again Keith, Trevor, not once, but repeatedly, used aus.electronics to launch his anti-gun and anti-gunowner diatribe, not one other poster on aus.electronics told him to take it somewhere else, not one other poster told him his opinions on gun ownership and gun owners were O/T or not welcome there, not one. As soon as I started responding to Trevor's word vomit, I got severely shit-canned. One poster eventually asked Trevor to take his O/T rantings elsewhere, not because they were not relevant to the purpose of the board, but because I was posting there.

And you tell me I am somehow offending public perceptions of gun owners by posting there, please, I think the above clearly demonstrates that many on aus.electronics are what can reasonably be described as "anti-gun", and those attitudes were well entrenched long before I happened upon the scene.

Reply to
John-Melb

Yes, you really hate it when rednecks stand up on their hind legs and demand the same rights as everybody else.

Vendetta? there's no vendetta. but I feel it's good to let people know how their actions are perceived. I don't see how I'm achieving any bad publicity, unless you think the people who said nothing when this zealot was posting his venom but went feral when alternative viewpoint appeared can somehow be converted into believing that gun owners have the same rights as everyone else if I just shut the f*ck up, sorry I don't subscribe to that viewpoint.

Wrong Keefy, they were already there, I'll remind you again, they said nothing when Trevor was using aus.electronics to launch his anti- gun and anti-gunowner tirades, but went feral when altenative viewpoint appeared.

Reply to
John-Melb

"no comment on this, what a surprise"

Reply to
John-Melb

It's interesting that's the first time you admitted that I had made my point.

Reply to
John-Melb

So, I demonstrated previously that Trevor used aus.electronics at least four times to spray his anti-gun word vomit around prior to my first ever post there, and no-one asked him to desist. I start a thread in response to this and get told to pull my head in.

"Asked to desist", I seem to recall you lot weren't quite so polite at the time.

Reply to
John-Melb

I expect Trevor, when he is spanked on a gun related forum, to scurry away to a non-gun related forum a spew his word vomit there, hoping that no-one will know enough of the subject, (or perhaps be too intimidated by his "long standing and highly valued poster" status) to take him up on it. Prior to aus.electronics, he's previously done the same thing on rec.audio.opinion and aus.hi-fi.

What I do not expect, and what really gets up my nose, is people who don't have an issue with anti-gun word vomit being posted, but who the get all upset and go feral about an alternative viewpoint appearing. I'm sorry if it offends you Keithr, but this is one redneck who won't shut the f*ck up and sit in the corner when he see's this going on.

As for you hypocrite label, you can label me anything you like, I don't care for you opinions one way or the other.

Reply to
John-Melb