Digital Amplifier Modules

Does anyone know where I can obtain an ongoing supply of digital audio amplifier modules that can produce about

100W or more into 8 ohms?

-Mike

Reply to
Mike Warren

"Mike Warren" Does anyone know where I can obtain an ongoing supply

** Firstly - the proper name is Class D or "PWM" amplifier, such amps are every inch analogue devices.

Now, does your idea of an "amplifier module" include an integral power supply ?

Its not much use having a tiny and light power amp when you still need a large and heavy PSU to run it.

I see a link to car audio in your email addy - so do you need 12 volt DC operation ??

Is this for full audio range use - or just a woofer or sub woofer?

Supplying a few tiny details and a bit of context would have been nice.

......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your response.

I think anyone who is able to help would know what I was talking about. You certainly did. :-)

I was really hoping someone would be able point me to a supplier of these types of amps so I could see what was available off the self.

Yes.

No. The unit they would be fitted to is powered by 240V AC.

Full range.

At this stage I am just looking into the feasibility of replacing our current IC based system with something lighter and smaller.

-Mike

Reply to
Mike Warren

"Mike Warren"

** The term "digital amplifier" is misleading & highly ambiguous - so best avoided.

"PWM amp " or "Class D amp" is clear and far preferable.

** Hopin' and a wishin' ..........
** Are my words invisible to you ??

That remark has no relation to my comment.

BTW

Your application must be a HUGE secret as you still will not give me a clue what it is.

Your post reads like a dumb troll & I suspect you are after what does not exist at the price you want to pay.

However - Powersoft in Italy make PWM amps with integral SMPS - but maybe with more watts than you need.

The local agent is:

Production Audio Services Pty Ltd Address: 17 King Street Blackburn, Victoria 3130 Phone: +61 3 98781444

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Mike,

We carry such modules from LC Audio of Denmark. You can see more here:

Please call me on (02) 4627-8766 during business hours to discuss your needs.

Leon Gross Soundlabs Group

Reply to
Leon

"Leon"

** OK - I see a tiny SMD covered PCB with a coil in the centre.

No power supply included, as the OP required.

The suggested mains transformer weighs 4 kg - so hardly light weight.

No case, no EMC shielding supplied.

I see some THD specs that make no sense - hiding more than revealing the performance.

The tiny PCB alone is circa $300.

OTOH

Powersoft ( see my earlier post) can supply the "DigiMod 1000" - a complete power amplifier including SMPS, in a case & fully EMC compliant and ready to use with excellent specs. Only weighs 1.1 kg, all up.

.......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Phil"

He said the unit it is to be mounted into runs off 240V, a simple diode bridge and a two filter caps will provide a power supply from a 240V transformer.

If you need full power sure, but he only needs 100W, so a much smaller transformer can be used.

I did say it was a module, not a fully finished amplifier.

performance. In what way? The measurements were done in Denmark, not by us, I'd be interested to know so I can bring it up with LC Audio. Did you see the datasheet with more info?

Well $275- actually which includes GST. We hope to have a lower price soon when the next shipment arrives, about $225-. The module is quite small, PCB itself was based on the size of a credit card, not bad for an amplifier module (sans power supply) that can deliver 200W RMS into

8 Ohms, even more for the uprated version!

Anyway, Mike wanted to see what was out there, so I am showing him one possible option!

Leon Gross Soundlabs Group

Reply to
Leon

Take a look at their preamp !

40,000uf filter capacitors for the preamp rails, and a switchmode power supply (driven by the regular power supply.

I didnt know you would get any significant difference in the sound quality by reversing the active and neutral in the mains plug !

Reply to
KLR

"Leon" <

** Quote:

" Now, does your idea of an "amplifier module" include an integral power supply ?

Yes. "

** The OP wanted lightweight.
** The OP wanted a finished amplifier PLUS

A SMD PCB alone is not a "module".

** Your problem you cannot interpret basic specs.

** It is an overpriced gimmick - at best.

It totally totally fails to meet the essential requirements of light weight, low cost and being even a legally usable product.

Reply to
Phil Allison

the

and