Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Google trikes to blaze 'street view' trail off road
Google goes bush Google wants every nook and cranny of Australia covered on its Google Maps Street View service and to make that happen it will unleash an army of cyclists to capture images off the...

Re: A Street View of Google Street View Vehicle in detail.
prolly behaves like a glorified GPS nav system indicating coverage. --- news:// - complaints: ---

toshiba 37" lcd
my Toshiba 37" lcd tv screen has a dark curved blurry mark about 150mm long 10 mm wide at widest part,near centre of screen. It is only visible in certain screen colours,not pure white but an overall...
6
6

Re: "Happy" Invasion Day
If you don't like Australia, MAGGOT, fuck off.
2
2

Replacing a cordless handset.
We have a Telstra F2300 landline telephone. It has a base station with an answering machine and a cordless handset. It has two additional cordless handsets. One of the handsets is failing, in that the...
5
5

Re: "Happy" Invasion Day
* Recession * Heavily increased taxes * Skyrocketed interest rates * Sucked Asian asses anything else?
7
7

"Happy" Invasion Day
I hope you all get nice and toasted celebrating 221 years of oppression, dislocation and dispossession of the original inhabitants of this increasingly sunburnt land, and more recently 10 years of the...
3
3

A Street View of Google Street View Vehicle in detail.
A Street View of Google Street View Vehicle in detail: And for all Australians world wide: "Happy Australia Day" Cheers Don... -- Don McKenzie Site Map: Contact Page: Camera Page: More Damn Spam:...
1
1

Light dimmer
I want to make light dimmer for my car to use as daytime running lights (now required here by law), and I found this: What do you think about this design? Each headlight bulb is fused separately, and...
14
14

Re: The Reverse Geocache Puzzle based on an Arduino microcontroller.
Neat. Reminds me of my wedding day which was also a Geocaching event! (photo links have now vanished) I had to vanish during the reception dinner to go find one of our presents in a cache half a km...

Re: The Reverse Geocache Puzzle based on an Arduino microcontroller.
Very interesting idea. The only place where I fault him is in his use of an Arduino, which is the AOL of embedded development (in the Usenet sense of the phrase).
1
1

The Reverse Geocache Puzzle based on an Arduino microcontroller.
Here's an unusual wedding present - a puzzle box that won't open until it is taken to a certain location in the world!. The Reverse Geocache Puzzle is based on an Arduino microcontroller. A very...

decent SLA battery suppliers, Perth?
May wind up needing a quantity of SLA's to refit an APC UPS. The usual suspects list comparable units - 12v 5Ah 90W x 70D x 112H (+ terminals) - but they only have 4.8mm spade terminal. The UPS...
8
8

Re: Government offer of *feed-in tariff of 60 cents per kilowatt hour (kWh)*
Thanks Sylvia, Has anyone actually crunched the numbers to prove this is viable even with the limited inefficiencies, and there is a *net gain* in power? Or is it just a political stunt to get more...
8
8

Government offer of *feed-in tariff of 60 cents per kilowatt hour (kWh)*
Government offer of *feed-in tariff of 60 cents per kilowatt hour (kWh)* I'm a bit confused about the government offer of paying the owners of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems who put power back into...
5
5