Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Tap into 7 seg LCD driver...
What would be the most simple and safe way to derive a clean 'Logic High' (for CMOS 4000 series etc), from each segment of any functioning device which has an LCD display? In this case, i'm seeing an...
3
3

oately electronics pretty rude, little customer support
Anyone have any response from email questions from Oately? Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Shame they could be a great hobbyist electronics company if they improved their front end...

Unusual battery use, or is it?
I was tinkering with a cheap universal remote control. Before spending a lot of time trying to program it I decided to test if the code memory was non-volatile. Thinking that the four AAA cells would...
5
5

OT: It's WAR! EEVblog ripoff
Check it out: Wow, déjà! Good to know I'm popular enough to get blatantly copied in an attempt for ad revenue Dave.
21
21

Home Labs
Ok, I'm jealous: his mechanical workshop: Dave. http://www.users.uswest.net/~kmaxon/page/side/etools_137.htm
52
52

Notebook power plug problem
Here is an interesting approach to a notebook power plug problem in the UK, where the plug can be thicker than the notebook these days: Still appears to be in concept stage. You need to view the first...
1
1

Re: An 80 port USB Board
e .... Already is the case, so nobody has enough USB sockets. Wait for the PC/laptop that has 80 sockets for all the devices to be=20 plugged in. =20 When no enumeration has taken place about 90mA,...
2
2

An 80 port USB Board
An 80 port USB Board: |en&sl=ja&tl=en&u= Unfortunately it looks like it is just for power, so I wonder if there is a call for such a device. Was interesting enough to point out, but who could really...
8
8

charge a 12 vdc sla ftom cars 12 v system ?
hi, any one got any ideas on how to charge a 12 v sla from a cars 12 vdc supply ? i suppose a boost converter circuit to get the voltage up ? all i need is to charge the 12 vdc sla for a torch. i want...
1
1

OT: New course at U.Syd
Ask your boss if they'll sponsor you to do this course: Dave.
1
1

OT: Big Bang Theory
Just finished watching Season 1 of Big Bang Theory, and have started on Season 2. Is it just me or is this the most hilarious and well written TV comedy ever for nerds? They have one engineer in the...
16
16

OT:So many iPads to choose from ..
7
7

PCB design software
I have been using an old MSDOS based printed circuit board layout program for many years, and the time has come to upgrade to something more up to date and windows based. I am a retired professional...
3
3

li-ion batteries
i have a about 12 , li-ion 18650 , 3.7 volt batteries , 6 " sure fire " types and 6 " gtl " brand. is it possible to connect them all up in series ,in lots of two ( 7.4 volts) , then paralell them all...
4
4

FREE Invasion Day lunch LOL! (Lunch, Tues 26rd Jan)
Got to the protest march in the city (SO stayed home), found my black cousins getting prepared for the big event. I also got ready, unfurled my Aboriginal flag, tied my tri colored bandana around my...