Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Does anything else use ipod docks?
Or is it just the apple ipod? Went shopping for a simple CD player for the CFO on the weekend and out of thirty systems, only one was a simple CD player, but what struck me was that only two items did...

What SW do people use for making small PCBS.
Just after some recommendations for making small PCBs. Pretty simple design and dont need to make many. Being able to draw a schematic and produce a node list helpful but not essential. thanks
4
4

Hardware - Test Points
Can someone please suggest a supplier of 'test points'? I want to bring some test points out the side of a diecast box for testing, CRO connection etc and can't seem to find a supplier. JERD
1
1

Spinning RGB LED Ball II
Spinning RGB LED Ball II So you want a project with lots of moving LEDs? From: ============================ It was very hard to build! I has a lot of problems with the power transfer and failed may...
1
1

Bluetooth Antenna Design FAIL
Worth a chuckle: Dave.
11
11

3 Phase current usage
I need to estimate my factory current requirement as a result of moving to a new premises. The electricity bill states 30000kWhr/month and there is no instrumentation on the main switchboard apart...
6
6

Finally, Death of the 3.5 inch floppy disk
Sony to discontinue 3.5 inch floppy disk April 24, 11:34 PMJapan Headlines ExaminerJoshua Williams Sony announced on April 23rd that they will be discontinuing sales of the classic 3.5 inch floppy...
64
64

Sunbeam mixmaster resistor value q
Hi I'm new to this group but it looked like the right place to ask: I have an old sunbeam mixmaster that I'd like to bring back into service - no model number I can see but looks like this one but...
6
6

Black LG L1952T-Sf Sceeen Test
Two Questions; The source tells me it has just died. "the fuse" must have blown was their comment. After me giving it a quick look over they decided to just go buy a new replacement, I thought I'd...
13
13

Counterfeit ATmega328s
ATmega Slugs Sparkfun just got lumbered with counterfeit ATmega328s: Makes for interesting reading. Check out the comments also. Cheers Don...
9
9

Todays XKCD comic
Electronics related! Dave.
3
3

Liberal members readying for another attack on gun owners
Over on the Liberal Party website, there a discussion about gun laws. One of the Liberal stooges has just posted this "We were so close in 1996 if it wasn=92t for a couple of states without...
14
14

FTDI Cable powers chip through UART
Hi all I though a few here might find this interesting. I'm currently working on a project using an Atmel ATMEGA324P/V (picopower variant), the board has no RS-232, only RS-485 (MAX487). I included a...
6
6

Cleaning out my attic on ebay
Hi all, I am getting rid of my surplus electronics on ebay. Includes: PA amp and speakers 2.4G patch antennas (~30) Old 15" speakers Toshiba laptop power supplies AA battery charger Most starting at <...

Another CFL failure
Well, with all the grumbles about CFL failures, I felt I should announce that I experienced yet another CFL failure last night. That's a total of 2 (TWO) failures whilst living at my present address...
29
29