Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Parrot Clip Test Probes
For cool test probes check the following link: Great for multimeters and general use. Individual testers and red&black sets with ultra-flexible silicone insulated wire giving you a 3-way testing...

Is it me or is aus.electronics dying?
It seems over many years that aus.electronics is carking it. Apart from active input from Don McK, Dave LJ, its really quiet. PA seems to have morphed into |-|erc and Sylvia seems to be channeling Rod...
17
17

IPv4 addresses to run out in 12 months
IPv4 addresses to run out in 12 months By Iain Thomson Jul 26, 2010 7:25 AM According to the chief executive of the American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN) the remaining IPv4 addresses available...
3
3

Google fibre method "could save NBN $10 billion"
Google fibre method "could save NBN $10 billion" By Ry Crozier Jul 26, 2010 6:56 AM A fibre-laying technique being used by Google in an experimental US fibre network project could reduce the cost of...
9
9

Multifunction printer available: Perth
Samsung SF5100P multifunction printer (fax/copy/print) b/w laser. Works fine except the paper feeder sometimes fails to grab the feed sheet and the print fails. May or may not be easily fixable. Free...

India develops 35-dollar 'laptop' for schools
July 23, 2010 India develops 35-dollar 'laptop' for schools India has come up with a 35-dollar touch-screen "laptop" -- a computing prototype that it aims to make available to students from elementary...
13
13

Switchmode benchtop power supply
Anyone have recommendations for a benchtop switchmode power supply curcuit?. I'd like to build an adjustable unit with 0-24V minimum at 10 Amps output. It's time I updated my old LM338 based unit with...

DSE the last straw
I suppose it's kinda almost reasonable to accept that a DSE store in a major shopping centre, Chadstone in Melbourne, may not stock SC mag. these days right? But for the floob they employed not to...
3
3

Black box inventor David Warren dies at 85
Black box inventor David Warren dies at 85 July 22nd, 2010 THE TERRITORY-born inventor of the black box flight recorder has died. David Warren died, aged 85, at a Melbourne nursing home on Monday. He...
3
3

don't pay for manuals
I bought a piece of home entertainment gear at a car-boot sale, but no manual. I tried manufacturer's website, but could not find the particular model (it was about 5 years old). I then tried 2 search...

Rockby Closing?
Someone told me Rocky closed their shop last week. Anyone know more? Dave.
4
4

How 100 Mbps broadband will rock your world
Makes you want the NBN. Residents at Point Cook near Melbourne have stopped queuing large downloads and started bringing on-demand movies down the pipe in under 15 minutes after swapping "abysmal"...
25
25

The corruptions of space & Time?
Bait Question: we are those that often do bad things. Those are BAD PEOPLES - in electronics. Hitting for Juice is STUPID, - especially for those that don't know how to do iT. IdioT.
1
1

Altronics Dynamic Sound Processor & Volume Leveller
Ref: Silicon Chip July 2010 page 76. Anyone using one of these and care to comment about how well it works? (It's a LOT of money and I want to be certain that it works as advertised). Thanks much.
7
7

Audio connections to a mother board
I have already posted this question to a computer ng but it must be too complicated for them as I got not one answer. I am having some trouble connecting separate connectors to a mother board I am...
3
3