Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Safety Alert LED tubes
Dave.
2
2

Delinquent electro
**Hi to all, just pulled a 470uF, 35V pigtail electro form an old piece of German made audio gear ( Dynacord ). Behaved initially like it was very leaky, pulling a 16 volt DC rail down to just 2.6...

Oz Electronics Doco Update
Karl has posted an update on the Sate of Electronics doco: Quote about the people who have been interviewed: "So far I have interviewed a large list of people both in Sydney and Melbourne. Recently I...

Mains power strips
Saw a mains power strip that I had seen previously in one of the fancy houses segments on Current Affair or Today Tonight etc. Basically a long strip that you can plug individual power points into by...
20
20

Pictures of the world's first mouse.
Pictures of the world's first mouse. Dr. Douglas Engelbart is perhaps best known as the inventor of the computer mouse, but when he unveiled that device at a computer conference in 1968 he also...
1
1

Tarnished silver
Hi to all, got a number of Speakon connectors yesterday that have solder pins on the back for PCB mounting. Unfortunately, they must be very old stock and the once shiny silver plating has gone very...
22
22

[OT?] UV resistant Zip Ties
Can anyone name a brand and source? OT as I'm using them for insulation over plumbing, but figured it might have been a problem someone here had solved across before. T.I.A.
8
8

CFLs or LEDs for domestic lights?
Back on the 20-Nov-2010, I mentioned the possibility of LEDs for domestic lighting. I had ordered some of these, I wanted something that was physically equivalent to what I was replacing, so I could...
13
13

Are all hournalists idiots?
**I just read this twaddle: The claim that the Sony Betamax was a failure rankled me. Sony produced Betamax machines for *only* 27 (TWENTY SEVEN) YEARS! Yep, that's a huge failure. Not quite as...
19
19

The Internet Archive Wayback Machine
The Internet Archive Wayback Machine I hadn't paid this site a visit for many years. It really is worth a visit to have a look at how web pages were put together a few years ago, and to see what was...

Wikileaks concerns
Sinister Wikileaks Conspiracy (Melchizedek Communique, MC120610) Material made public Sunday by Wikileaks "sheds light on the increasingly incendiary state of world relations, under conditions of...
2
2

Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China
A few days ago, I mentioned the news story: "Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China to avoid GST" Well, here is a list of Chinese companies that will sell to you direct, and without any...
1
1

OT: - Julian Assange
An open letter has been published on The Drum website by Dr. Jeff Sparrow and Elizabeth O'Shea to Julia Gillard, regarding the treatment of Julian Assange by various states and commentators. It has...

Mass mirror
http://213.251.145.96/ with compliments

Phil Allison is a poofter
From: "Sylvia Else" Subject: Re: FUCK OFF LUNATIC Date: Dienstag, 7. Dezember 2010 02:24 The links in the article seem to be broken, but if you strip off the siliconship prefix, one of the links is...