Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cheers to RS
All I needed was two 6 pin IDC connectors, I was expecting to pay more for shipping that the things themselves the total cost of which was $2.60. RS however sent them by courier for free - they can't...
4
4

Trying to identify an IC
I'm trying to identify an IC, it is a small DIL chip with 8 pins. The only identification is "BJUACA", it has 8 pins, and in the relevant circuit pins 5 thru 8 are shorted together. A search on Google...
10
10

access and pricing of Australian Standards
If you are interested in the distribution and therefore pricing of Australian Standards, you can comment on a discussion paper here, until 29/7/2019: Here is some background: I went to one of the...
9
9

Yaesu FRG-7700 Tuning dial mechanical fault
The tuning dial of my Yaesu FRG-7700 receiver will not rotate beyond about 780 Khz. Is that easy to fix?
5
5

Datasheet Aster AE88128AK-15
Does anyone know where I can find a datasheet for Aster AE88128AK-15 SRAM? I think the pinout is standard however I have several and none seem to work as expected for a project I'm working on. Does...

LED lightbulb life
Hi All, I never cared for the CFL bulbs with the slow starting, and I much preferred the LED lights which were "intstant on". The life of of LED bulbs is sometimes quoted on packaging as 50,000 hours,...
17
17

Kogan Internet radio KGNDRVCA
Hello All, I have a Kogan internet radio which worked fine for years and then conked out. It seemed to me the power supply had failed, so I pulled it apart to have a look-see. It has a 100VAC-240VAC...
36
36

OT: Incorrect Energy Australia TOU bill calculation
Just a heads up. I've noticed that Energy Australia are failing to apply daylight saving time when calculating the bills for their TOU customers. If you're on such a tariff, then depending on your...
3
3

Banggood
I got a shock, I ordered a solar panel from them last Tuesday and it arrived today. It would seem that they now have an Australian warehouse.
7
7

Surprised this doesn't happen more often.
The head-scratching mystery behind shoppers finding themselves locked out of their cars at a Perth shopping centre appears close to a resolution.
10
10

[OT] Australian radio amateurs on VLF
The group is nearly dead so; In the current radio amateur LCD; Sounds like fun.
3
3

Dangers of LI-ion batteries
These things are seriously dangerous, from exploding phones to exploding kids scooters, to exploding vape-cigarettes Texas Man Dies After Vape Pen Explosion Severs Artery to Brain From personal...
2
2

Old-Fashioned 3D TV
Reading a copy of Radio, Television & Hobbies (Electronics Australia) from July 1958 I was surprised to find an article on page 27 describing, along with a couple of 3D glasses techniques that have...

Repurposing LED TV backlights from thrown out kerbside TV's
Considering repurposing backlight LED's from discarded broken TV's into a large LED lamp built into a picture frame & run directly from 240 v AC. Roughly if each LED need 3v to power on , I'd need 80...
18
18

Pretzel Huawei Camera
I can not find the thread, but this seem the most appropriate place to post. the pretzel posted about some super dooper resolution mobile phone from Huawei and receieved a general rebuff. From the...
8
8