Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Source for DA15-DA15 case/shell?
We've been hunting for a DA15-DA15 equivalent of the DB25 "gender changer hood" (Jaycar P/N PM0851) shown at So far searching has turned up zilch. Any suggestions?
3
3

RAM - motherboard
If one of the RAM slots on my PC is showing up as empty in the BIOS even though there is a RAM chip in there, what does that mean? Does it mean the RAM chip is faulty, or could it mean the motherboard...
7
7

Slightly O/T: four-core sheathed cable source?
I have a number of olde fluoro desk lamps like this: where the cable inside the gooseneck has gone intermittent, and I'm seeking a source of the cable (in less than full roll quantity) to rehabilitate...
3
3

water heat
My bathroom is so far away from the water heater, it takes ages to get hot water there. Is there an electric heater that can be fitted near the tap to quickly heat up the initial flow, then turn...
25
25

earth links and the electrical wiring rules.
Anyone up to date on the current electrical wiring rules? In my day earth links had to have two screws per hole. The other day I saw a small domestic circuit breaker switch board and the earth link...
1
1

Is you tube down or is it just me?
to have been down since this morning. anyone else have this problem, or is it just my isp Don... -- Don McKenzie Dontronics: The World's Cheapest Computer: DuinoMite the PIC32 $30 Basic...
4
4

VHS TAPE to DVD How to
Briefly what equipment and S/W is required to copy VHS tape to CD/DVD. Second. what are the location code (?) implications of DVDs made on a PC here to play in, say, the UK?
32
32

Alchemist Kraken amp power supply
Hi I have an Alchemist Kraken APD6A Mk2 amp. It is set up to run the speakers throughout a house that a friend recently purchased. It needs an external power supply but this is missing. Has anyone got...
1
1

What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?
Opinions on this vary, but it appears that sometime in the next ten years, domestic solar power will have an unsubsidised cost that is below the daytime domestic grid tarrif. I need to be clear here...
245
245

PCB fabs (yet again)
Noted that the current setup charges at pcbcart seemed to be skyrocketing. (Are they sponsoring the Chinese space effort?) So the question now is, who does that leave as an affordable supplier of low...
2
2

OT: Chinese astronauts back
** This pic really amuses me: Almost 50 years after the USA and the USSR sent their first Astronauts and Cosmonauts on short trips - the Chinese have done the same in very similar way. The ( somewhat...
6
6

Renewable energy
Copied from elsewhere. 01:36:31 Tuesday, 26 June 2012 =============================== Renewable Britain: A report. Bristol channel is at high tide. No tidal power would be produced by the highest...
9
9

DSE returns policy
What is the current returns policy at Dick Smith? They used to have 30 day no questions asked returns.
30
30

Samsung TV Remote control not working
I have friend 100 kms away who knows nothing about electronics. TV remote control does not work but the remote itself worked with another set in the shop. Warrentee technician claims after a few weeks...
8
8

Bloody smoke alarms.
No wonder we keep hearing of cases where people die in fires where the batteries have been removed from smoke alarms. The damned things go off so often even in the absence of smoke. How hard can it be...
23
23