Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

basic battery chargers & modern cars
Googled for a while on this without getting a clear answer. What's the situation with basic battery chargers, ie. a tranny and a bridge, and modern cars that are full of electronics. How great is the...
2
2

Anyone recognise this ancient CRO?
A bloke's contacted me in the hope that I might know something about a simple oscilloscope his late father built many years ago. It's got a 2" RCA CRT and only four (octal) valves. I've uploaded the...
43
43

Tool for PCB manufacturing
Hey guys, I found this link online and I wanted to know if you knew anything about it or what you thought about it: As I'm fabricating PCB's frequently, it seems like it could greatly hasten the...
7
7

Does LED make for a good strobe?
Strobe lights are being made using LEDs. But are they comparable to say Xenon lamps, as used for car ignition timing lamps. These are very effective at "stopping dead" the perceived image of a...
30
30

Samsung phones and help lines
Recently had occasion to call some service centres on my Samsung Galaxy S2. What I found is that navigating the menus was pretty dodgy, sometimes the number I pressed for an option was not apparently...
1
1

Electronic Technician Casual Part time starter position available
Our business we are involved in Marketing and Solutions of remote monitoring and control equipment. We are looking for a person to come in for .5 to 2 days a week as required. The role will develop...
6
6

It?s back to the start for Window s
It?s back to the start for Windows MICROSOFT has unveiled an update to its latest Windows operating system that includes the return of a ??start?? button that has been missed by longtime users of the...
5
5

mobile phone in 1938?
Last month some bloke claimed that the 1938 "time traveller" photographed with a mobile phone was his granny, and it was a prototype portable phone made by DuPont. He claimed that the phone was 5...
1
1

element14 order status - is 'complete' the same as shipped?
I trying to understand the 'my orders' page. It says my order status is 'Complete'. Further down the page it defines Complete as Fulfilled (whatever that means). I don't see anything about shipping or...
16
16

Decommissioned CATV
Just moved into a resumed rental, there's a Telstra CATV JB on the wall outside. Whatever function it performed (presumably Foxtel) was cancelled years ago, but on opening up the box, the module...

mobile phone battery
My Nokia mobile phone only charges to 1 bar even when having been charged for several hours. What does this indicate? Is the battery simply dead? What could have caused this?
58
58

'smart' rifle cannot miss
22
22

Computer scam disappointment
Last night at around 18:00, I got a phone call from a Mike Johnson from a "muffled (not very clear)" computer company. Sounded like an Indian accent. Unusual I thought. :-) He said I have a computer...
12
12

Print your own real gun..
34
34

Another splitting query - speakers?
Can I use one pair of speakers from two different amps? Or should I switch one of the sources out of circuit to play the other? They are small power - car player and mp3 device.
4
4