Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

customs and post
What would show up on the xray screen with an antistatic bag inside an envelope from Greece containing a hall effect doover? I received it with "opened by customs"on the envelope and a screed inside...
2
2

Slots cut into power supply PCB.
I was looking at an old PC power supply, and I notice in a couple of places slots have been cut into the PCB. I think it's done as part of the safe isolation between the mains and the low voltage...
13
13

Led / Lcd tv running on 12v battery
Hey All, Our family has just bought a camper van. Will be used mainly at unpowered locations, but not too far from relative civilisation. Been looking at fitting it out with a few comfort accessories...
4
4

New rs-online web site
Am I just missing something, or does the site no longer have links to data sheets? Sylvia.
3
3

Laymans memory card questions
Hello there I've alwys wondered why various types of memory cards have so unintuitive properties. Main thing is comparsion between SD/SDHC/SDXC and CompactFlash. I've seen that CF's are more "pro" as...

ABC logo?
Is the ABC's logo a Lissajous figure? I've been playing with an app that creates these figures, trying to replicate the logo, but no success.
8
8

Thunderbird V24 major bug
Thunderbird V24 major bug When I spend 2 hours chasing what appears to be a bug in a popular program such as Thunderbird, I feel I should warn others, so that they don't follow the same path, and...
4
4

Last chance !!
Hi, Sydneysiders get their last change to watch analogue TV tonight. Melbournians follow suit next week. Only a few, low power transmitters in the NT will remain after that. According to ABC radio...
15
15

anybody used "wire glue"?
I am told it is good for replacing the batteries in Holden car keys, as soldering them can be tricky. I see Jaycar and a few others sell it.
10
10

OK - Who's been buying up all the diodes at RS?
Everytime I select what seems a suitable diode, it turns out to be not in stock, and would have to be back-ordered. Sylvia.
2
2

Two weeks to go
Hi, only two more weeks of analogue TV broadcasting in Sydney. It started in 1956 in the valve era and went colour in 1976. 57 years in all - served us pretty damn well, I'd say. Most would have been...
3
3

Decent component drawers - finally !
I have had for maybe 10 years a fantastic component/utility "32+1" drawer set 32 (small) + 1(big), 4 across, and 8(+1) down. Each small drawer has dividers into 3, so can take a full E12 range (Rs or...
1
1

PCB Press'n'Peel (Blue)
Hey does this stuff go stale ? Had spectacular lack of success with some recent boards of PNP that was maybe 3 years old since purchased. Iron temperture was checked as correct .... geoff

Science knowledge
Pilfered from another NG. I'd be surprised if most people here didn't score 13/13. Pretty much junior high school level. Quoted: "I think you will find this interesting! Here?s a quiz on how much...
7
7

Semi-OT Tools - where to buy these cutters
Where to buy utility cutters with replaceable "stanley" style blades? Like these ones: Bunnings, masters etc don't seem to have them but I've seen them somewhere local. Thanks
4
4