Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

nostalgia for valve radios
Today in an inner-city collectables store, I saw an old Kreisler model 11-7 bakelite radio, just like my grandmother had. Price tag was $295. I don't know if it were working.
12
12

Tape to hard drive/disc
What is the best way of transferring video from a tape to a hard drive or disc?
8
8

Micromite RS232 interfacing
Has anyone here used the Micromite 28DIP to connect to the standard PC COM1/2 RS232 port? The Micromite is described in Silicon Chip, but there are no wiring diagrams that show you how to connect it...
38
38

Re: Semi-OT: How do they make a profit?
It sounds better than 3Ah/
13
13

when you turn on the power to my red baron...it makes noise but does not functio
ok so my dad gave me this old red baron...and it comes on with noise but it doesnt function any other way. it is inoperable.
2
2

Electricity OT on aus.cars
Pinched from elsewhere > Would you believe my Delta Rockwell 8" long bed 37-315 220V Jointer run in > reverse direction after complete rebuilt (no painting)? Are you using Australian electricity? I'll...
10
10

Safety alert: Dremel tools and long shank bits
Drilling using a 2mm cobalt bit in a Dremel handheld tool. I withdrew the bit from the new hole, and went to turn the drill off using the speed selector in the handle. By mistake, turned the speed to...
2
2

Re: Experiences with Futurlec
I put in an order to Futurlec earlier this year as a bit of an experiment. About $25 worth of components (21 different types). I searched around a bit online first and found a forum topic where there...
1
1

charger lacking a fuse
My father has one of those Shopriders. He told me that when he plugged in the charger, it tripped out the circuit breakers in his house. So I had a look at the charger. On the side it refers to 2...
1
1

Purple LEDs without the UV
After some 3mm purple LEDs, for panel indicators. Where there's a datasheet, everything I've come across is specified as UV/purple, and includes warnings about the UV, such as potential eye damage. Is...

Re: ID Electronics
I guess it could also be a typo, as the ad doesn't state the name of the business. Amazing that no-one noticed.
1
1

TV's in hard rubbish
It is hard rubbish time around town and I have noticed a lot of old TV's that have been cracked open and left with the screen down and the back case to the side. I get the idea that someone has done...
9
9

What happened to SBS TV ?
Hi, a few months back, all the SBS channels disappeared from my DSE "G7659" standard def STB. So, I rescanned the whole band = no change, so I opened the unit and gave it a clean and service = no...
7
7

Mains 'problem' with flashing light globes when switched off.
Just a quick query, as I imagine somebody here will know what's going on here: I have a hallway with two light fittings and two switches at both ends of the hallway. I had a 4w LED globe in one...
4
4

Whats inside a Visa paywave card?
Interesting antenna design. It got a bit damaged opening the card so I fixed it up somewhat with photoshop.
6
6