Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ICs from Futurlec
I received 100 PT2258 ICs from Futurlec a couple of weeks ago and just fitted the first one to my prototype PCB this afternoon. It ran very hot. I assumed I had made an error with the board design,...
2
2

ATTN service people, Small Claims court legislation has changed in QLD (maybe elsewhere).
I was informed today about changes to the small claims legislation that came into effect yesterday which may be of interest to anyone here that does service work or is in a position where they may be...

circuit wanted for battery %charge monitor
I have built the oately solar battery charger that disconnects battery when it reaches preset charged voltage and it works well but I want to find a circuit that monitors a shunt on the battery and...
8
8

Acer 11.6" HD Netbook $349 Free Shipping
I keep saying to myself that nothing that is offered by catch of the day, will make me post their specials again, but.... $349 inc shipping for a netbook? with a zillion middle men, they must come out...

How does crimping work?
The obvious answer is that you bend the metal of the connector so that it holds the wire in place. This doesn't seem very satisfactory. Metal always retains some flexibility, even when bent beyond its...
76
76

Acer AL2223W monitor repair
I've been asked to look at an Acer AL2223W 22" LCD monitor with a problem. Symptom: Powers up, power light remains on, but only a brief flash of display. I suspect the backlight system - inverter? -...
3
3

OT: NearMap
Just discovered this: high res, better than Google Earth/Maps The photo of my house (Baulkham Hills) is very recent, last 1 or 2 months tops. And check out the "Multiview" feature and you get a true...
19
19

Designer Duo Create Dress With 24,000 LEDs
Next time you compliment a woman at a party that?s she glowing, it may literally be so. Two London-based designers have created a dress embroidered with 24,000 full color LEDs. The ?Galaxy Dress?...

The world's oldest intact computer is turning 60 in Victoria.
The world's oldest intact computer is turning 60 in Victoria. The CSIRAC - Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research organisation Automatic Computer - is housed in the state's museum and has...
13
13

Mains LED Driver
I'm after a mains input LED driver capable of driving 8 x 3.2V Cree LEDs @ 700mA in series This Variled unit looked ideal until I read it thermally cuts out at 40degC. Not quite high enough for roof...
3
3

Turntable belt size, How to estimate
My younger turntable is belt driven and like everything around here, the belt has relaxed and fallen off. The belt is now massively larger than needs be. How do I work out the size of the...
1
1

LG DVD/VCR MODEL --V782W
I have a LG DVD/VCR, Model -- V782W. VCR plays OK DVD is in B/W? Anyone know the procedure to get colour back? I remember doing this on a DVD player some time ago, but a lot of water has flowed under...
6
6

"Free day" at Sparkfun
Watch the server melt down on Jan 7th: Dave. -- ================================================ Check out my Electronics Engineering Video Blog & Podcast:
4
4

Two phases to house - loss of neutral
I have to phases of power supply to my house - so three power lines, two phases plus neutral. I've on occasion wondered what would happen if we lost the neutral line. It seems to me that we'd then...
55
55

OT: house wiring query
Hi, I've just been up into the ceiling of a relatively new residence we have a stake in, the wiring is in good nick, but looks like it's been shonkily installed. Wiring fanouts use heavily overstacked...
6
6