Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Panasonic Plasma fault
Ho ho ho, my Plasma has died. A Panasonic TH-42PV60A The fault looks like this: A back bar down the right side with a white stripe. Rest of the image is perfect. It'll go to a local TV service dude in...
6
6

Re: megnetic fields around toroidal transformers
From what I can remember the tranny's made for music amplifiers and sensitive equipment are specially designed to have very low external magnetic radiation. It does not take very much magnetic field...

Re: wireless TV repeater
The microwave oven operates at several hundered times the power level of the wi-fi equipment. this is greater than the difference between a hair dryer and an oxy-acetylene torch, --- news:// -...
1
1

Merry Xmas to all on aus.electronics
To all my friends on aus.electronics, wishing you and all your family a merry xmas and a happy new year. I hope Santa brings you a new oscilloscope or something equally as cool :-D 2010 just around...
13
13

ZVOX Australia
Hi All, Anyone know if the range of ZVOX speakers are still being sold in Australia? The Australia web site is still up ( enquires via email ( or phone messages (03 9880 7876) over the past week have...
2
2

Watt Hour Meters and a Street Light - anyone want them?
Located in Footscray. I got these from a building site clean up a few years ago, and I need to make room in my house for more stuff. 7 or so Watt/Hour (the kind the SEC use to measure how much...
7
7

WTB: Paper Tape Reader
I'm after a paper tape reader. Something similar to the OP-80A, but anything considered, working or not. Please reply via email. Lionel...
1
1

Re: "I'm sorry but we had to blow up your laptop. "
Fark, there's a name I havent seen in a hell of a long time, if its the same one.
14
14

Re: ā€œIā€™m sorry but we had to blow up your laptop. ā€œ
Well it was only a Mac. So who cares?????

Sending DVDs overseas
We have a Panasonic DVD recorder Model DMR-EX75. Sometimes when we record a local program from free-to-air TV to its HDD and then copy that program to a DVD, that DVD is playable on friends' equipment...
27
27

Buying Blu ray Demo disks
Where can I buy Blu Ray demo disks like the ones that Harvey Norman play on there TV's to show quality ? I called Sony, and was told they are not for sale to the public. Does anyone know where you can...
3
3

Protecting horn switch contacts against arcing damage
Well it's half on topic....horn switch contacts in a 24V vehicle. The contacts seem to have lost whatever protective plating they had. If I clean them up they work well for a week or so and then...
1
1

Does an USB stick gain weight when you put files on it?
Does an USB stick gain weight when you put files on it? or to put it a different way: Are electrons from outside used to store data on an USB stick? Since I'm quite new to electronics I cannot give a...
12
12

Re: OT: Yep, they are going ahead with the filter!
Unlike Tony Abbot and the Liberals? MrT.
1
1

What's this kind of terminal called?
is an inverter. If you select the second picture, you'll see the DC input terminals. They unscrew so that a spade terminal such as this can be connected But what's the term used to describe the...
9
9